Thanks to our new multi-currency card, all your spending money can be held on a single, secure card. Not only that, our new app also makes it effortless to manage your money on the go, whether it’s for at home or on your travels.
Whether you top up before you go, or while you’re away, you’ll always get our competitive rates that are among the best available.
What does our app have in store for you?
Hold up to 15 currencies on your card:
• Top up and spend in all major currencies including GBP, EUR, USD and many more
• Take advantage of the great exchange rates available to FairFX customers
• Move money between currencies completely fee-free
• Spend any leftover holiday money in the UK without any hidden fees or charges
Manage your spending money effortlessly:
• You can top up or check the balance of your card wherever you are in the world
• Seamlessly move money from one currency to another
• If you’ve misplaced your card, pause it and resume when safe to do so
• You can check your PIN in the app, whenever you need it
For at home and around the world:
• Spend all over the world in over 190 countries
• Accepted in more than 35 million locations around the world wherever you see the Mastercard logo
• Unlike most other providers, we don’t charge hidden fees when you spend
• When spending at home, earn 3.5% cashback at some of the UK’s top high street retailers
Tried and trusted:
• We were named the UK’s most recommended payment services provider by YouGov
• All customer funds are securely held in segregated accounts with Citibank
• Our friendly, UK-based team is here to help 7 days a week, 365 days of the year
• With over 10,000 Trustpilot reviews, we are proud to be rated ‘Excellent’ by our customers
In this release, we've introduced the ability to remove payment cards. You can go into card management screens from either the settings or the top-up flow.
If you have any feedback, please reach out to us; we'd love to hear your thoughts.
Ratings and Reviews
Some improvements, some backward steps
The old card was optimised for my iPad (or at least it worked great there). That is it allowed you to work in landscape that was the whole screen. This version seems to be optimised for a mobile phone so the iPad presentation is poor. You have to hold the iPad vertically and the screen you see and have to work in is small. Also I could verify the old card with my fingerprint but now I have to have my mobile handy for the extra PIN. FairFX need to be aware that not everybody works exclusively on their phone and there are (perhaps older people like me) that use their iPads as their primary device. On the plus side everything seems to work seamlessly as usual.
Developer Response ,
Hi Pete, thank you for your review and your comments. We are looking into making the app better for customers on iPads. Our latest release 3.2.0 should help you with the PIN issue you're describing, please update the app if it hasn't automatically updated on your device. If you have any other feedback or questions feel free to get in touch with us directly at email@example.com. Thanks, Mary
I was one of FairFx’s first customers when this innovative company was set up. I have never used an app, but always managed my account online. I have many family and friends cards linked to my Euro account as we have a property in Spain. I regularly make many transactions to Europe through FairFx’s international payments system. I have purchased a substantial amount of currency over the years to buy property abroad and for renovation works. I received the new cards last week, but can’t understand how to access and transfer money onto the family and friends cards. Since I don’t use apps I am not able to access the family and friends cards online as this can only be done through the app. I have tried the app but cannot understand how it works. I am frustrated and disappointed since the way in which it worked online for me has completely changed. Furthermore, now that ATM’s in Europe are charging to take cash out plus FairFx’s charge, it is becoming uneconomic. I will be cancelling my account with FairFx and using my Spanish bank account. I have advised my friends to do the same. Change should be beneficial for customers, but I do not find this new system better for me. It is a shame because I have been a long-standing loyal customer of FairFx.
Developer Response ,
Hello, I'm very sorry to hear that your having such difficulty, especially as you have been a long standing customer with us. We want to help, please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address and we'll help you manage you're Linked Card. Thank you, Mary
I totally agree with frustrated pensioner. Have had nothing but trouble with this new card, the linked cards and the app. Have spent a couple of hours trying to get to grips with it. I keep being logged off in the middle of business. Each time I log on to the app I am asked for an app passcode for some reason which then cannot be applied. Trying to transfer money is a maze and a minefield - very unclear and using obscure terms. Nothing like the old system that was simple to transfer money onto the family and friends cards. Problem of having one card with multiple currencies.
Was given two duplicate linked cards so had to get them cancelled. They still showed on the part of the app dealing with transferring money but with no way of identifying which was cancelled. I ended up putting money on a cancelled card - how is that possible? Finally there is no way of seeing the balance on the linked cards as before. It is even a puzzle to try and find how to log off - 3 steps to go through.
Please don’t ask me to contact you as even the live chat is not straight forward. Most other large firms I have dealt with have been able to maintain phone contact during the pandemic but not FairFX. Buyer beware I would say.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FairFX Plc
- 45.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Equals
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.