Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
- Add an option to snooze 12 hours when clicking and holding on the Snooze button in a notification
- Can now horizontally resize the preferences window on the Calendars tab
- Internal performance improvements to the parser
- Fixed some yearly recurring events appearing as monthly in the description
- Fixed accepting invitations not applying the correct free/busy availability in some situations
- Fixed an issue where blank iCloud shared calendar notifications would sometimes appear
- Fixed an issue replying to invitations that don't request a response on Exchange 2013 servers
- Fixed an issue where Propose New Time wouldn't appear for recurring events on Exchange accounts
- Fixed an issue where sending iCloud invitations in some time zones would result in the time in the email being off by an hour
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app
The two factor authentication is a pain but thats Apple's fault not the fault of the developers.
The ability to set reminders on specific days at specific times and have them appear within the Fantastical calendar is for me, the killer feature of this app. I punch in tasks via my iPhone reminders app as I think of them then schedule dates / times for said tasks as I arrange my schedule. I can then check these tasks / reminders / todos (whatever you want to call them) off directly from the Fantastical calendar, or my iPhone reminders app, or my Fantastical iPhone app (extra few quid but worth it) as I complete them. It basically gives me a mobile backlog of tasks to complete.
I would love the ability when adding reminders / events to default to reminders (as opposed to events) within settings. Hopefully this will come in a future update.
Make Fantastical Accounts please!
(1) Notifications are a PAIN!! If you drag and move a calendar entry, multiple times, the Notification/Alert (eg. "At Time of Event" or "10 minutes before") stays with the original time and date so you end up with a crazy arrangement of Notifications/Alerts, so quite often it will change to reminding you hours after an event has passed. PLEASE FIX THIS IT'S REALLY ANNOYING!
(2) I have Fantastical on 2 x Macs, 1 x iPad and 1 x iPhone and it would be GREAT to simply have a Fantastical account which holds all my different calendars, reminders etc. Instead, I have to have a slightly different, far more laborious setup on each device. Why not have one login for all??
(3) There still isn't an App out there that has what I want, namely: a To Do List for each day at the top of the Day pane or somewhere. Each day I have a separate set of tasks I need to assign myself or complete and having an easy-to-view _separate_ area for each day (eg. at the top of each day) would be great.
(4) I contacted Support about this already but there is STILL no way to STOP allowing the location to be added automatically? I label a lot of my appointments with "@...." and it automatically puts it into the Location field which is really annoying. Although I can see this would be a useful feature for some people, I want to be able to turn it off!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Some quick comments: (1) This shouldn't be happening. If you speak to support about this we'll do some troubleshooting with you. (4) Use quotation marks to enclose any text you don't want to be parsed :)
Fantastic, perfect calendar app, great timezone support.
This is the first Calendar app that I have used that actually works properly across multiple time-zones. The time-zone support is flawless. The natural language parsing is outstanding and extremely useful. It deserves 5 stars. When entering events across timezones you can use abbreviations like LN (London timezone) and PT (Pacific timezone), and it knows whether LN means GMT or BST(GMT+1), and whether PT means PDT or PST depending on the date of the event. It is easy to override the timezone to something different than your system zone, which is invaluable when you are planning events in a different part of the world to the one you are in right now. Even the Apple MacOSX and iOS calendar still have bugs related to time-zones, but this app has done it right.
My only grievance is with the iOS iPhone and iPad versions, where I don’t like the fact that you can’t scroll continuously between months (the way Apple Calendar does it). Instead you can only ‘snap’ change from one month to another, and I find that particular piece of the UX inferior to the apple one. However, the MacOSX version of Fantastical doesn’t have that problem.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words and feedback :)
- Flexibits Inc.
- 14.6 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2011-2019 Flexibits Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.