! Note ! Fantastick works with all iOS devices and versions. To support the tall screen size of iPhone 5, download "Fantastick Gold Edition".
Use your iPhone/iPod/iPad with Max/MSP or Pure Data!
Fantastick turns your device to a custom multitouch controller. Send multitouch data to the host program and receive drawing commands.
Instead of a limited set of builtin-widgets, the interface logic resides in Max/MSP and only drawing commands are sent to the device. Build interfaces that ..
- work and look exactly the way you want
- change dynamically to fit the musical context
- are experimental and would not be possible with other apps
Watch this intro:
- Minimalistic, fullscreen control area with nothing on it but what you provide.
- Multitouch-events on the device are forwarded to your host via UDP. Information includes the touch state (begin, move, end) and coordinates for all touch points.
- Designed for no-hassle: zero-click startup, the device does not sleep or suspend network connection, flicker- and lag-free.
- Displaying images (fetched with URLs) and caching them on the device for use on non-networked locations.
- Basic drawing with lines, boxes and text.
- Advanced drawing with OpenGL.
Visit http://pinktwins.com/fantastick for quick start and usage examples.
NOTE: this app works together with other software. When launched you get a black screen, what happens then is up to you. Visit the website for examples and documentation.
Updated for iOS5
Ratings and Reviews
.. You'll need to put some effort in, but that makes it rewarding!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.