64-bit, optimized for all the latest devices
Designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Dropbox and WebDAV, Background Downloads, and More
"The very best app to help you download your files is called Filer." - appadvice.com
-------- Overview --------
Get your files anywhere!
Filer is a unique application for iOS devices that lets you manage, view, and share your files. You can get your files on the go when you do have a network connection, and view them when you don't.
-------- Features --------
* Clean UI with full featured File/Folder browser
* Save files from other iOS apps - Use Filer to extract ZIP/RAR/TAR/Gzip Archives from any app that makes them available
* Open files into other apps like iBooks, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
* Full-screen Quick-Look
* Document Viewer features Page controls and quick slider
* Enhanced media playback
* iTunes USB File Sharing: Quickly drag and drop files between your device and Mac/PC
* Save Photos to Device Photo Album
* Move/Delete Multiple Files/Folders at once
* Uploads/Downloads continue in the background
* Fast App Switching
* Background Audio Playback
* Background Compress and Extraction
* App Badge shows transfer count
Dropbox and WebDAV:
- Connect to a server and upload/download/manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
- Unarchive RAR, ZIP, TAR, and Gzip Archives.
- Unarchive multi-part RAR Archives
- Compress Files/Folders to ZIP
- Download and save files to your device
- Monitor/Manage downloads in graphical queue with progress, speed, and time remaining
- Pause/Resume downloads, quit/relaunch the app and resume
- Auto-Download Option
- Smart Download to handle complex redirects
- Download Mode to Download any link you tap
- Fully featured Bookmark and Bookmarklet function
- HTTP Auth and Self-Signed SSL Support
- Tap-and-Hold links for additional options
- AirPlay Video support
- Viewing of all document/media types viewable by iOS
- HDMI and VGA Out for Video Files
- Scroll Bar to quickly jump anywhere in long documents
- Documents, audio, and video files remember where you left off
- Photo Slideshows
- Source Code color-coding
- Email files from Filer (Under 15MB)
- Save Photos/Videos to Device photo album where other apps can use them
- Web Sharing, optimized for Downloading
- iTunes USB Sharing
- Dropbox upload and download
- Bookmarklet for Safari lets you launch Filer with the current page address
- Built-in help files
- Passcode Lock to protect your data
---- Customer Testimonials (Downloader) -----
Ha! - "This is awesome...this program has eliminated about 80 percent of my need for tethering, I'm very excited about that."
Very useful app and thorough! - "This is a Huge time-saver, allowing me to grab large PDF files without having to re-download every time"
Perfect - "Great app that adds functionality sorely missing from Safari"
Amazing App - "I don't know how I did without it!"
-------- Press --------
+ Awarded "Essential App" from appadvice.com
+ "There are many file utility applications for mobile devices, but the Downloader app pairs a fully-featured program with an integrated web browser, making it super-easy to use." - SmokinApps.com
+ Awarded "Better" Rating from AppReview.com
-------- Notes --------
+ Filer is rated 17+ due to web access through the integrated browser.
-------- Support --------
For support, please visit the support link. We have no way to respond to App Store reviews.
Fixes a first-time launch issue on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t connect to Dropbox
I paid for the full version of this specifically so that I could the upload files to Dropbox. Only to find that the app hasn’t been upgraded and it can no longer like to Dropbox. The developers web site no longer exists and no support is available. Don’t waste your money
Just spent a whole evening trying to open a file.
Filer does work and is useful, but I have two annoyances:
1) When downloading audio files, about 20% stop part-way through and can't be restarted or deleted without relaunching. Perhaps my internet connection isn't the best - I'm the opposite side of the world from the web server - but it'd be nice if Filer could overcome stuck downloads, not just sit there.
2) After downloading, I really want to FTP the files to another web server, but ordinary FTP isn't one of the 3 option available. There's the facility to send files to another app for that, but this can only be done one file at a time because Filer automatically launches my other app automatically - so when I have lots of files to send I have to keep closing my FTP app and reopening Filer multiple times to transfer each file to the external app, it doesn't allow me to select multiple items in one go (as far as I can see).
- Dan Leehr L.L.C.
- 9.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009-2016 Dan Leehr LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.