Please note: The multi-cam feature shown at the Apple Keynote event is not yet available in FiLMiC Pro and will be coming soon.
FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a LOG gamma curve. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1 & 2
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
v6.10.8 of FiLMiC Pro includes further stability improvements and performance optimizations.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast or your family reunion, FiLMiC Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
Vast improvement to native camera app
I have recently started “hobbying” with video recording and quickly realised the limitations with the native camera app on iPhone (X) and so was deciding on a new camera, but came across some reviews for this app on iPhone and thought I would give it a go. As I say am am a beginner but the increase in quality of video when using this app is clearly evident immediately.
This app gives you much more customisable options over how you film including frame rates, quality, time lapse intervals, iso, shutter speed, white balance and much more. There is a built in colour optimisation if you need it on the go, however you can set your colour grading options to flat so that your colours can be brought out in post production if you use external software.
All in all I would highly recommend this app for anyone who wants to give their videos a pro touch when filming with a smartphone. If you are worried about the price tag, don’t be. I feel the value you get is evident in the picture quality and will have your phone punching above its weight class as far as videos go, how much would you spend on a new camera?
Developer Response ,
Hi Tigtag1. Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate it and look forward to continuous improvements to FiLMiC Pro in the future. If you ever have questions or feedback we'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
If anyone ever wanted an app for mojo or filmmaking in general then this is the only app anyone would ever need. With its latest updates from early January 2019 this extraordinary software can turn your smartphone into and almost on a par with any DSLR on the market today particularly if you have the latest smartphone. Filmic Pro is only impeded by one’s imagination as the tools available for creators are not only essential and invaluable but they far exceed any other similar software by a very long way in usable and quality. This app is sublime, superior and astonishing its capabilities and is the gold standard regarding apps of this nature, and I can’t recommend it enough to any budding Steven Spielbergs out there be Filmic Pro used for simple vlogging, internet series, documentary creators or even full blown filmmakers. What’s keeping you? 10/10!
Developer Response ,
Hi Mike. Thank you very much for this review, it put a smile on the entire team's face - and you nicely summarized what it is we try to do for filmmakers. We have really big plans for the future, and would really love to hear from you on how we could make the app even better. If you ever have feature requests, or general suggestions please drop us a line at email@example.com 👍
- FiLMiC Inc
- 92.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit £13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.