FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced cinema video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro features cutting-edge capabilities and is the most responsive manual filming app available on mobile.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird - Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine - Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez
Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
Detour - Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron - Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours - Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) - Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
FiLMiC Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks (optional in-app purchase) that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps. Not compatible with CineKit)
• Realtime film looks †
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker control
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3 †
• Live shadow and highlight controls †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls †
(† Available as optional in-app purchase & limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and video preview
• Vertical and landscape orientations
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to multiple resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.
v6.17.1 adds the following new feature enhancements and general improvements:
— ProRes bt2020 support for 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max:
• In addition to our original bt709 ProRes support, we now offer a bt2020 variant available on our format stepper available under Settings > Resolution (scroll down to the very bottom of this menu).
• Both ProRes 709 and 2020 formats have a new info button built into the stepper so you can learn more about each format.
• ProRes 709 should be used if maximal NLE and playback compatibility is desired.
• ProRes 2020’s transfer function is BT.2100 HLG. The Color Primaries and YCbCr Matrix are BT.2020. This format should be used if HDR or wide-gamut footage is a desired end point.
— Our time remaining indicator is now more reliable after a clean install of the app.
— The lens picker available under Settings > Camera now correctly displays 77mm for 13 pro series.
— More explicit messaging around which IAPs have been restored.
— Resolved an issue where changing bit-depth could break exposure.
— Lots of other minor bug fixes for a smoother filming experience.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you enjoy shooting with FiLMiC Pro, please consider leaving us a review.
Ratings and Reviews
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast or your family reunion, FiLMiC Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
Good, good, one little thing though...
Ok it’s safe to say that Filmic Pro is the go-to app for mobile phone videography, it’s parameters for manual control and ability to shoot flat and log profiles are straight up game changing. I’ve recommended this app to SO many people and have used it sensibly within a part of my workflow between cinema camera, to dslr, to mobile device. Mix this with Moment lens’ and accessories and you’re good to go.
It’s expected that an app like this might be a bit of a battery drainer that’s a given and we all have portable power banks anyway so it’s not a problem. My bit of an issue is the overheating of your phone after not even a great deal of use with this app, be it an iPhone 7, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X l use all of these with FP and they all get to melting point so quickly that we now bring a plastic ice pack with us when we use them due to the phones all shutting down with ‘Phone temperature too high’ after filming log 4K for only a few minutes. That’s really bad for the phones.
Is this something that is being looked into for future updates? Also just as a heads up for people who want to use the more advanced setting for any length of time your phone will die in minutes so please do plan accordingly.
Other than that.....this app is perfect 👌
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review Andy.... yes, the heating is due to all the processing our app does for analytics and the advanced color/tone controls. We have a project underway to convert this entire framework to something even more performant. It's our goal to remove some of the limitations we have now and greatly increase the performance envelope. Stay tuned. Should you ever have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Vast improvement to native camera app
I have recently started “hobbying” with video recording and quickly realised the limitations with the native camera app on iPhone (X) and so was deciding on a new camera, but came across some reviews for this app on iPhone and thought I would give it a go. As I say am am a beginner but the increase in quality of video when using this app is clearly evident immediately.
This app gives you much more customisable options over how you film including frame rates, quality, time lapse intervals, iso, shutter speed, white balance and much more. There is a built in colour optimisation if you need it on the go, however you can set your colour grading options to flat so that your colours can be brought out in post production if you use external software.
All in all I would highly recommend this app for anyone who wants to give their videos a pro touch when filming with a smartphone. If you are worried about the price tag, don’t be. I feel the value you get is evident in the picture quality and will have your phone punching above its weight class as far as videos go, how much would you spend on a new camera?
Developer Response ,
Hi Tigtag1. Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate it and look forward to continuous improvements to FiLMiC Pro in the future. If you ever have questions or feedback we'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FiLMiC Inc
- 101.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit £11.99
- Adamant Film Pack £2.49
- Novus Film Pack £2.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.