Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata and Clip Connections for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Powerful drag-and-drop Object Tracker automatically matches titles and effects to the movement of faces or objects
• Change focus points or the depth effect effect for video shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 (requires macOS Monterey)
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Locate duplicate media in the timeline using highlighted clip ranges or the Timeline Index
• Improved speed and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Unrivaled performance with optimizations for the M1 Pro, M1 Max and M1 Ultra chips on the new Mac Studio and MacBook Pro
• Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Apply intuitive Logic-based effects and reduce background noise to isolate voices
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in Rec. 2020 and HLG color spaces
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
• Accurately view HDR on the MacBook Pro and Pro Display XDR
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 11.5.1 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 4.5GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Supports faster exporting of H.264 or HEVC on Macs with Apple silicon
• Increases stability when disconnecting a Sidecar display on Intel Macs
• Improves performance when editing on a Mac with an ambient light sensor
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best Investments I have made.
I have been using Final Cut Pro since 2012 during my days as a BTEC Media Student! When I was about to go to University in 2015, I decided to invest in it myself! And do I not regret it! It's really easy to use, fully optimised for Mac OS and just fits my workflow really well. I am still using it today on my MacBook Pro 2021 M1 Pro.
Only thing preventing it from getting a 5 star is some of the file compatibility. I tried editing a video for a client, but the videographer's camera's files were incompatible for some reason, forcing me to use Da Vinci Resolve, which was a nightmare due my old machine's specs.
I have had experience with Premiere Pro and Resolve and I can find pros and cons of each, but FCPX is just such an easy investment and I feel it's the perfect editor for YouTubers and Content Creators.
Come a long way
I used the previous incarnation (FCP 7) and competitor products PP, Avid etc… and when FCPX initially came out, it was a disaster. Today, it works beautifully to the point I am editing natively in RAW (Cinema DNG). As a working professional, I appreciate a tool which is super-fast, easy to use (although there is a learning curve) and allows me to produce work for my customers which is beautifully made.
I use additional tools for more advanced support such as cleaning up sound which is pretty standard and have other tools to assist visuals such as Motion etc… However, if it is good enough for the BBC’s news desk, it is good enough for me and allows me to me extremely productive and put in place my crazy ideas for my customers.
As professional tools go, I really enjoy using it although like any NLE there is the occasional blip. However, I bought it because I prefer it over the other NLEs, would buy it again given the choice and love the sheer speed advantage once I was up and running. A really good tool and highly recommended.
Excellent & Definitely Not Crash Prone
Thought I should write a review, firstly because we use FCPX for all projects now at our studio having used FCP 4/5/6/7 Premiere, Avid and even Media 100 a long time ago. Having used it from the very first release the experience was a big jump, at our company we continued with FCP 7 and kept trying it out alongside Premiere, firstly on personal projects, then on very small commercial projects, and finally from about version 10.1 everything.
It’s extemely fast, and takes some learning to really exploit just how fast it is. We regularly now get compliments from clients on just how quickly we can turn around projects and deliver changes. The magnetic timeline takes some getting used to, but comes into its own when making changes to an existing cut. Export times are extremely fast.
you never have to save, you never lose work.
Some of the reviews have mentioned that it is Slow or crashes all the time. This is NOT usual behaviour, and these users should really spend some more time troubleshooting what is up most likely with their machine. It’s about as stable as it gets for an NLE (unlike Premiere… Crash beast!) And we have it on all sorts of different macs.
Try it, be patient initially. You might find you love it, and that it makes you more moeny.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 3.4 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 11.5.1 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.