Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Harness the power of Mac Pro and Afterburner for realtime 8K editing
• Modern Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing on all Macs
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Use Pro Display XDR to accurately view HDR video
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.14.6 or macOS 10.15.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Fixes an issue in which XAVC media from the Sony PXW-FX9 camera is not recognized
• Fixes an issue where brightness levels shift when switching between Better Quality and Better Performance in the viewer
• Fixes an issue in which effect keyframes are not added correctly when using onscreen controls
• Improves stability when using the transform tool with multiple clips in the timeline
• Improves reliability when exporting an FCPXML that contains Compound clips
• Addresses an issue which could prevent sharing at certain resolutions
• Fixes an issue in which sharing a Compound or Multicam clip from the timeline was disabled
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is an updated review. FCPX is still full of bugs, random quits and issues with render files not re-laoding when you reopen a project. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice app but lacks one major thing that makes this app inferior to others and that is the lack of motion tracking.
Sure, you can do that in Apple Motion but it's a major pain as there is no way to ask FCPX to edit a clip in Motion, you have to export it, open Motion, do the tracking and then export again and then re-imoprt into FCPX - that is stupid. Sure, there are plug-ins you can buy to track within FCPX but it really should be there as standard.
At time of writng this review there has been no update for 6 months which shows that Apple are not really that committed to FCPX which is a shame as it remains one of Apples most unstable applications.
Come a long way
I used the previous incarnation (FCP 7) and competitor products PP, Avid etc… and when FCPX initially came out, it was a disaster. Today, it works beautifully to the point I am editing natively in RAW (Cinema DNG). As a working professional, I appreciate a tool which is super-fast, easy to use (although there is a learning curve) and allows me to produce work for my customers which is beautifully made.
I use additional tools for more advanced support such as cleaning up sound which is pretty standard and have other tools to assist visuals such as Motion etc… However, if it is good enough for the BBC’s news desk, it is good enough for me and allows me to me extremely productive and put in place my crazy ideas for my customers.
As professional tools go, I really enjoy using it although like any NLE there is the occasional blip. However, I bought it because I prefer it over the other NLEs, would buy it again given the choice and love the sheer speed advantage once I was up and running. A really good tool and highly recommended.
Excellent & Definitely Not Crash Prone
Thought I should write a review, firstly because we use FCPX for all projects now at our studio having used FCP 4/5/6/7 Premiere, Avid and even Media 100 a long time ago. Having used it from the very first release the experience was a big jump, at our company we continued with FCP 7 and kept trying it out alongside Premiere, firstly on personal projects, then on very small commercial projects, and finally from about version 10.1 everything.
It’s extemely fast, and takes some learning to really exploit just how fast it is. We regularly now get compliments from clients on just how quickly we can turn around projects and deliver changes. The magnetic timeline takes some getting used to, but comes into its own when making changes to an existing cut. Export times are extremely fast.
you never have to save, you never lose work.
Some of the reviews have mentioned that it is Slow or crashes all the time. This is NOT usual behaviour, and these users should really spend some more time troubleshooting what is up most likely with their machine. It’s about as stable as it gets for an NLE (unlike Premiere… Crash beast!) And we have it on all sorts of different macs.
Try it, be patient initially. You might find you love it, and that it makes you more moeny.
- Apple Distribution International
- 2.9 GB
- Photo & Video
macOS 10.14.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.