The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft™ Mobile app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft™ Mobile lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes, SmartType, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 11 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
• Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
• Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between all your devices and computers. Always be on the same page with Dropbox, OneDrive, or iCloud
• Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
• SmartType remembers your character names, scene headings and more
• Multi-language support - Write in over 95 different languages
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
• Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
• Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
• Send feedback directly through the app
• Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stage Play templates to help get you started
• Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
• Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
• Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
• iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
• Automatic More's and Continued's
• Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
• Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
• Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
• Quickly switch from one revision set to another
• Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
• iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
• Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
• Edit your Header and Footer
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, though one thing ...
Please add automatic spacing when writing CUT TO like the mac book version ... when using a Smart Keyboard with the iPad, its a bit annoying to have to keep touching the screen to add transitions, when every other script action (character etc) automatically adjusts when typing.
I get the UI is there for when you are just writing with the IPAD itself, but fixing that would be so nice for Smart Keyboard users.
Apart from that, I love it. Allows me to type and work like a crazy monkey when my MacBook is rendering footage. Thank you.
Didn’t work how I imagined
I bought this as an upgrade to be more professional from using Celtx. Like most Apps, I assumed I could just cut and paste my existing script text to create a FinalDraft file. But not so. The examples that come with the App suggest the way to do this is via email. That is, you email yourself a text file attachment of the script, then, when you go to open that, FinalDraft is supposed to be one of the options. Again, working on my iPad alone, this didn’t happen. I therefore feel I have waisted £9.99 on an App that for an existing script project on my iPad, I can’t use unless I retype the whole thing in again. If the developers could advise me how to achieve this, I would be happy to adjust my star rating. At present, the App is redundant. Also, be aware, you can’t import PDF files either. As all files are stored in XML format, it really shouldn’t be difficult to create a simple conversion for text file. Sorry. I was really looking to progress with this. Grateful for any thoughts or perhaps something I have missed. I only have the iPad version.
This app is infuriatingly unintuitive. Nothing works the way it does on the full Mac program, and the “take a tour” option offers absolutely no way to figure out what’s going on.
Even something as simple as writing a General paragraph requires you to select it from the “...” bar (which when using a smart keyboard is annoying) then you have to tell the app to not use all caps. You have to do this everytime. Some of you may be reading this going “nah, ya clown, you do that this way...” to which I reply maybe you’’re right, I have no idea because of how un-user friendly this one seems to be compared to the desktop version. The page layout is horrible when in portrait mode, really should have the option to see the edges of the page to be a bit more appealing. I’m sure I could probably take a weekend to figure this out, but the fact is I bought this because of how intuitive the desktop version is, so I’m not willing to do that.
Utter waste of a tenner. Will not be using again
Developer Response ,
HI JRockwell67 - We're sorry to learn you are unhappy with our app. Our tech support team would be happy to help you get started and are standing by Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5:30pm, PT: www.finaldraft.com/support
- Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- 143.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.