FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like this game but the controls on the movement are delayed and the game slows down and lags a bit anywhere apart from the world map, in battle and any of the menus.
Save doesn’t work
I wish I could rate this 5 stars because I am having such a great time playing the game and the only thing that lets it down is the save function. Save option is never available and quick save doesn’t always work. I just lost 3 hours of gameplay and it’s not the first time I have had to repeat a whole chunk of the game just to get back to where I last was. So annoying, especially as it’s an expensive purchase! However, now that I have completed the game what a wonderful experience it has been, so have changed back to 5* for such a great game.
It was alright
I still don't understand why so many people love this game more than FF7. It was okay, I guess.
Graphics are great and this version has the bonus dungeons (Dragon's Den and Soul Shrine).
However, normal enemy encounters and boss fights are too easy - even the ones in the Dragon's Dungeon. Random encounters happen WAY too often that it became annoying. There were several times when I've finish a battle and walk around for just 2 seconds then immediately I'd end up in another battle.
The game's controls are also annoying. It's so easy to make your character and the airship go in the wrong direction and it happens too often.
Also, be warned sometimes the game will shut itself down during battles (if you happen to switch to read a walkthrough on Safari one too many times whilst playing the game).
The story isn't deep and expansive. Doesn't seem to be much character development. I don't understand how fans of this game find Kefka so appealing when he doesn't even have a background story.
Play it if you're really, really bored one day.
- SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- 695.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.