- As this application is very large, it will take some time to download.
- This application takes up around 2GB of memory. Over 4GB of free space is required to download it, so make sure that ample spare memory is available before attempting to do so.
iPhone 5s or later, 3rd generation iPad or later, iPad mini 2 or later, iPod touch 6
iOS 8.0 or later
*Please be aware that users may experience problems, such as exceptionally slow running speeds, if running this application on devices other than those outlined in the recommended hardware section. Such devices are not suited to playing this game and there is a chance of unforeseen errors occurring if running it on them.
The smash hit RPG: Final Fantasy VII, which has sold over 11,000,000 units* worldwide, finally arrives on iOS!
*Total includes both packaged sales and downloads.
The first Final Fantasy to feature 3D backgrounds and CG movie scenes, this dramatic tale continues to be loved by numerous fans around the world. Battle stages also appear in full 3D for the first time, bringing an even greater sense of awe and spectacle to combat!
Customize your characters in any way you like using the fantastic “material” system that allows endless combinations of spells and abilities.
This product is a port based on Final Fantasy VII for PC (No changes or additions have been made to the story).
With its unshakeable monopoly over Mako energy production, the evil Shinra Electric Power Company holds tight to the reigns of world power.
One day, a Mako reactor serving the sprawling metropolis of Midgar is attacked and destroyed in a bombing raid by a revolutionary group calling themselves Avalanche.
Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite “Soldier” unit takes part in the raid as a mercenary hired by Avalanche and sets events in motion that will draw him and his friends into an epic struggle for the fate of the planet itself…
Special features for the iOS edition
- Play using a simple and comfortable virtual controller designed not to obscure the action, choosing between virtual analogue or fixed 4-way digital control pad options. The opacity of on-screen controls can also be adjusted from the Config Menu.
- Two new features to make play easier and more convenient!
The iOS edition also includes an option to turn enemy encounters off on the world and area maps (will not skip event battles) and a Max Stats command to become all-powerful in the blink of an eye.
Major game controls
Movement: Virtual joypad (Select between analogue and digital modes)
Menu navigation: Fixed digital buttons
Confirm: A button
Cancel: B button
Open menu: Y button
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
・Screen rotate function added. (Please note that the app may quit if the screen is rotated too many times in succession.)
・The following minigame buttons have been enlarged and/or rearranged:
Shooting Coaster (tap the screen to fire the beam)
・Name change function added. (Accessible from the world map config menu.)
・Other minor bugs fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of the most influential RPGs of all time, Final Fantasy VII takes you on an unforgettable journey through a harsh and unforgiving sci-fi landscape. Packed with tense turn-based combat and an extraordinary story, Square Enix’s masterpiece is as exhilarating now as it was when it was first released in 1997.
A classic game that would benefit further from double speed button
The game/story is a classic and gets a five stars from me, but I’d reserve giving 5 stars via this review to this iOS port until the double or triple speed option is added - explained below.
Square Enix, I love this port, but three suggestions:
1. Please add double or triple speed for at least battles sections, for those of us who played through the whole game in the past, but still want to work through random battles and strategize against bosses, but don’t’ take have time any more to play with battles at normal speed! The fast speed option is present on the PS4 port already. There are ‘god mode’ and ‘no random battle’ options already, but fast speed would be a welcome addition.
2. Please could the game buttons be customised/changed for those with an MFI pad which want to switch the confirm button to match original PS1 layout. The confirm and back button are reversed from original ps1 layout on mfi pads.
3. There ought to be also be a way to hide by reducing opacity the ‘random battles’ and ‘a/d analogue/d-pad’ toggle buttons which currently cannot be removed from the bottom of the screen.
Otherwise this iOS version is superb, particularly with an MFI game pad.
Ok, I wanted to address some "complaints". Most people who buy this are fans of the playstation format. That said, to my eyes, improvements or upgrades are unwelcome. I, and I suspect many others, bought this for the original experience. I say this because complaints about graphics, gameplay etc is pointless. The original wasn't perfect but we all love it for its uniqueness. To address a small point, slowdown on the map seems to happen when you exit a town or the high wind from cockpit view. If you tap menu button and exit this rights the issue. A small pain but nothing's perfect. Overall I'm extremely happy with the transition onto iPad.
- SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- 1.9 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 1997,1998,2015 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.