Plot the shadows cast for your own custom scene, simply drawn right in the app! Generate reports and scene snapshots to print and share.
Sun position plotter and shadow calculator that finds the position of the sun and its shadows at any location on the earth and on any date in the past or future. Uses include:
- find out where the shadows are cast in your garden throughout the seasons to identify the perfect spot for your vegetable patch or decking
- use the app to identify if your building extension will obstruct neighbours' light (or if your neighbours' extension will block your light!)
- photographers can identify the perfect time to catch the light at the desired angle, or when and where to capture those sunrise and sunset shots
- check if the angle of your roofline is suitable for solar panels
This version is a MASSIVE update in functionality and ease of use!
- Improved scene canvas size for easier layout of your scene
- Better maps integration including use map as background image with automatic scale selection
- Generate PDF reports of the shadows for a day
- Save a snapshot of your scene to your camera roll
- iCloud storage of your scenes and shadow reports for access across devices
- Triangle objects for greater flexibility
- Many stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I've paid for this app and there is no instruction at all regarding how to use it.
I can navigate to an area which allows me to set a background but the generic blue square that you can manipulate around the picture cannot be changed, despite a menu which states 'pinch to zoom/height/aspect'. I cannot do any of these things. I fail to see how I can make this relevant to my needs.
Agree with Tishalyn
Wish I'd read Tishalyn's review. Exactly right. Was expecting something like the Sun Seeker app but with shadows added to a Google Map satellite image to show extent of ground level shadows once a building height was entered. It's just got a bunch of tables and boxes. My fault I suppose. Should have paid more attention to the reviews but in my defence, it does seem to show satellite images and blocks on top of houses. I suppose the calculations are there, so it could be improved in the future. Perhaps it already does do what I want but I can't get it to do it from within the app. It either lacks the needed functionality or if it's there, clear instructions. I can't tell which. Anyway, as it stands it's no use to me.
Ok but could be much better
Features like being able to scale a background or even better integrate with a mapping service to use their scales.
Also would be nice to be able to zoom into the scene so you can manipulate the objects easier.
Developer Response ,
Version 4 addresses these issues and offers many additional improvements. Available now!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.