Exercises for prosthetic users. Your portable personal fitness trainer.
Your mobile fitness trainer for at home.
The Fitness for Amputees App includes a series of easy-to-understand exercises for leg and arm amputees developed by experienced Ottobock physiotherapists. Up to 6 months after a prosthetic fitting, the app can be your regular companion and provide you with the training you need in this special situation. All you need for the exercises is a mat, a towel and a ball. Once you have installed the app on your device, you can also use it offline.
The app consists of 3 modules for leg prosthesis wearers and 2 modules for arm prosthesis wearers.
The modules for the lower extremity:
- Strength & Endurance: For strengthening the upper body muscles and stabilizing the spine. This is the basis for a natural gait pattern.
- Coordination & Balance: To improve coordination and to support secure standing on the prosthesis. To achieve more comfort and more natural movement sequences.
- Stretch & Relaxation: To relax the muscles and for faster regeneration. With these exercises the flexibility of the muscles can be increased.
The modules of the upper extremity:
- Shoulder: To strengthen the arm and shoulder girdle muscles. With the help of these exercises, poor posture and the resulting back and headaches can be avoided.
- Torso: To strengthen the abdominal and back muscles. To improve the balance, resulting in better stability and more safety with handling the prosthesis.
To achieve the best results, we recommend you to train 2-3 times a week for 5-11 minutes and changing regularly between the respective modules. The 3 levels of difficulty (easy / normal / difficult) allow you to adapt the exercises individually to your physical condition. By changing to a higher difficulty level you can make long-term progress.
More functions and advantages:
- Exercise selection: Either complete a pre-set training program or create your own individual training program
- Music selection: Train to the music available in the app or to your own
- Statistics function: Keep track of your progress and get an overview of the number of exercises you have already completed
- Reminder function: Let the app remind you of your next training session
Download the Fitness for Amputees App now and add it to your daily fitness and rehabilitation program!
- Training for arm amputees through the two modules shoulder and torso
•Fitness training for upper limb prosthetic users
•New exercises to strengthen the arm and shoulder girdle muscles
•New exercises to strengthen the core and back muscles
Ratings and Reviews
Great app especially for new/low activity amps
I wish this app was around when I had my amputation. I was given a long list of exercises to do by my physio's, so long that it was so daunting I never did any of them.
The exercises in this app are quick and easy to do at home with no special equipment. The statistics section means your physio can make sure you're doing them and the animations ensure you don't forget how to do things correctly.
Only criticism is that it doesn't seem possible delete or reset the statistics without deleting and re-installing the app.
Any chance of a super advanced version please???
No clips of double amputees
I am a double amputee above the knee. In the animations, there are no double amputees. Also not all of the exercises are inclusive for double amputees.
Fantastic Fitness App to help guide you through your rehabilitation
This app is brilliant! It is easy to use and the exercises are ideal for rehabilitation as well as rebuilding your fitness. This app is perfect to get your strength back so you can use your new leg to its fullest. My physiotherapists recommend this app for my daily physio routine at home. Thanks Ottobock Smashed it! If you could add more exercises for those wanting to progress and correct gait and stance control issues - That would be perfect!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA
- 95.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.