Make your own flash cards and take the pressure out of test preparation. Flashcard Hero keeps track of what
facts you already know so you can focus on what you don’t know and save a lot of time.
Beyond your average-vocab-app: We made Flashcard Hero for those of you who want to fit more than a few words on each card. You can add images, lists, and use text formatting to structure your content. Cards even expand as you add more text so you can take notes during class and turn them into study cards later. All decks can easily be shared with others via the web.
- iCloud Drive integration (compatible with the Flashcard Hero iPhone/iPad app)
- 3 study modes: Answer covered, Multiple choice tests, Typing the answer
- Audio output (text to speech) of text on cards in over 30 languages
- Group cards by topic (e.g. text book chapters)
- Add images from your Mac and the Internet
- Text formatting (lists, bold font, italic,…)
- Change text color and highlight text
- Many deck cover styles
- Difficulty level for each card
- Group cards using the Leitner study system (similar to spaced repetition)
- Detailed study session summaries
- Take notes during class; cards expand automatically
- Import decks you already have (.tsv and .csv format, Quizlet.com)
- Share decks via the web
- Print decks
- Export as PDF and lecture notes
FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATORS:
- Compatible with the Remote Control feature of the iOS app. You can use the iOS app as a remote to control the study mode on the Mac while you are projecting on a big screen.
This is just the beginning. If you’d like to see a certain feature, let us know through the feedback menu in the app.
Multiple choice buttons are now working again on the latest version of macOS.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is what i've been looking for my whole educational life, wish i found it earlier
I study science at university, and this has been the best app i could of found, clear difference in grades. what makes up the biggest difference is that you can revise everywhere and anywhere. Where you have the option of social media or using the app its like chosing what path you want to take, this enables me to always make the right decision. Theres also the aspect of ease and good organisation within the apps which make it so easy to use. The app developer is always here to help too! I always recommend this to my friends as my not so secret recipe to success. Many have downloaded and loved it as a result.
Lets you learn your subject, not the app.
Easy to use and intuitive with a quick learning curve so you can get on and study your subject, not having to study how to use the flashcard app. Keeps all your cards in the cloud ( if you like ) so you can create new cards on the nice big macbook or iPad screen then study them on the move on your iPhone or whatever combination of these you prefer. A few varied studying methods, focus on what you have been getting wrong, etc and other statistically helpfull strategies. Works really well. Encourage developers to produce effective inexpensive software, BUY IT. I have :-)
Probably the best learning app ever
I first purchased this app many years ago and I consider it one of very few that I would jump into a 'burning hard disk' to rescue. In my case, I use it for memorising Chinese vocabulary and sentences and it is truly awesome.
Unlike most developers, Kitestack have always kept FCH simple and have stayed true to the original purpose. This makes the app so flexible. Utilising the speach engine makes learning languages fantastically versatile - I get much more value from FCH than any of the expensive dedicated language apps. Not just the best learning app, probably in the top 10 best Mac apps ever.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your kind words and your encouragement! Awesome!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.