Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app's Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is brilliant, I’ve been using different Flashcards apps over the years but I have never used one that ticks all the boxes, great value for money, practical and packed with features some of the features I like about this app is the ability to record yourself asking the questions if you want and put it in auto play which means I can do other things while testing myself and subfolders, with a lot of other apps you create a topic or subject and they don’t give you the ability to create subfolders within a subject and a one off payment of £3.99 is just the icing on the cake for me, there are other things that I like but I’ll just finish up by saying I highly recommend this app I just hope the developer keeps up with maintenance because this is perfect 👍👍
Powerful & flexible with a responsive developer
I’ve now used this app to learn several different languages and am very pleased with it. It is simple but powerful - it keeps out of the way and lets you focus on what you’re trying to learn but is also extremely easy to customise so that you can use it in the way which best fits your workflow. Ernie, the developer, is very responsive to email and will even adapt it according to user requests. Highly recommended.
Fantastic support for my son's studies
Looked at other leading apps before settling on this and so pleased with the decision. Have been able to easily make a range of effective flash cards my young son likes reviewing on his phone. Very grateful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ernest Thomason
- 36.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Korean
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ernest Thomason
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.