Flyskyhy forms your flight instrument during flight and shows all information you need for that. You get the normal data like altitude, climb rate, ground speed, and glide angle. But it also calculates and shows the current wind direction and strength, very important for your safety.
A moving and rotating map shows your current flying position and flight trail. It indicates where you have gone up (in a thermal), and where you have had faster than normal decline. With that, you can easily find back that thermal that you lost. The map also shows the nearest known landing spots, and whether they are reachable by normal glide, given your current altitude and wind direction.
Integration with Bluetooth varios SensBox, FlyNet, GoFly iPico, XC-Tracer, BlueFlyVario, or SkyDrop gives accurate altitude and lift information. That turns your iPhone into an full-fletched GPS-vario, including vario tones.
The app makes a full log of your flight, that can be analyzed afterwards. Besides normal data like start and landing positions, duration of flight, and an altitude graph of the flight, Flyskyhy also calculates the scoring distances for you. So you can immediately see whether you have broken that FAI triangle record.
Your live location is reported on livetrack24.com or loctome.com if you desire, so anybody can follow your flight while it is happening. If you are flying together with friends, then their location is shown on your map during your flight. So you never have to wonder anymore whether they are in front of or behind you.
The flight display has multiple screens which are all fully configurable. You can move all elements to other spots, delete and add elements, and resize them.
Through in-app purchases, the app also supports airspaces and waypoints.
The app is optimised for paragliding and hang gliders, but can be used with all kinds of airsports.
Main features during the flight;
• Altitude, climb rate, ground speed, air speed, direction, glide angle and many more
• Wind strength and direction
• Moving map of the flying area
• Spots where you have had lift, great for thermal coring
• Shows whether you can still reach a landing spot with the current altitude and wind
• Live tracking of your flight on livetrack24.com or loctome.com
• Shows live location of your friends during flight
After the flight:
• Full logbook of all your flights
• Basic flight data like start/landing, duration, height difference, distance flown, and many more
• Calculation of 5-points, open triangle, and FAI triangle distances
• Graph of altitude and climb rate
• Signed IGC and KML log files of flights
• Transfer the log to iTunes or send by email
• Upload the flight directly to XContest, ParaglidingForum, DHV-XC, and other Leonardo servers
• Open flight in Google Earth on the iPhone
• Replay the flight and relive it!
By purchasing the Waypoints Extension you get access to:
• A fully zoomable and scrollable map with the waypoints and optimised route. The map also shows start and landing spots, as well as restricted airspaces (with the Airspace Extension)
• Enter new waypoints, either on the map or by specifying the parameters
• Full route support with start time, goal, entry/exit points, etc.
• Many instruments to guide you along the route
• Visible and audible indication when a waypoint has been reached
• Complete waypoints organiser
• Import and export of various waypoint file formats
By purchasing the Airspace Extension you get access to:
• Airspaces of 30 countries
• Display of airspaces on the map with configurable colors and formats
• Display of your vertical position w.r.t. airspaces
• Visible and audible warnings when approaching and entering an airspace
• Shows local airspaces by touching a spot on the map
Note: a live internet connection is required for live tracking of your and your friends locations
Note: continuous GPS and screen usage makes the battery drain faster than normal
The map for planning purposes is now available for everybody, not just those who have purchased the Waypoints extension. The preload tab has been removed, and is replaced by the waypoints list functionality.
Unfortunately, Google charges money for downloading maps. Until now, I have paid for your downloads myself, but that is no longer sustainable. Therefore, from now on, you will need a subscription for preloading maps in Flyskyhy. Purchase the subscription in the Settings, like the other extensions.
Preloading a certain area has been made a lot easier, simply tap on the download symbol on the Map screen.
Two bugs have been fixed that could possibly lead to a crash of the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Happy with this
I fly paramotor (PPG) and this fits my needs best out of the few apps I have tried. Nothing wrong with E.G. XCSoar, Paraglider Dashboard or Variometer this is really a personal choice depends what you want. This app is so easy to personalize ie set your own screen layout. There are nine after flight log file output formats choices, they should cover most users needs. The “show hand go to next screen” works well.
Mostly I was impressed with the support though. I asked a question from the developer and got a reply in less than 24h (October 2018).
Good option for PG or PPG
I have now done 5 PPG flights with this APP and have 4 customised pages to suit my needs. For PPG in the UK the airspace option is very useful. I have recommended it to folk at my club. I would advise that you attach your phone to a power bank as you fly as it uses a lot of my battery. It is also possible to view your flight records in 3D google earth
Fantastic app at a great price. Starting out in paragliding this is a great way to track and review flights.
Any chance of adding a running total time of the logged flights? This would make it easier to track airtime and hours on the wing.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rene Dekker
- 28.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2020 Renevision
- In-App Purchases
- Airspaces £7.99
- Waypoints £7.99
- XC-Package £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.