Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
• Minor Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a serial procrastinator and so when I started my A-levels I was in desperate need of something to keep me on track. This app works wonders and it only requires me to concentrate for 25 minutes at a time before I'm allowed a break and this way a whole day's work seems a lot less intimidating. Additionally after working for four 25-minute sessions the app rewards you with a long break - enough time to go for some fresh air, do some exercise, or (let's be honest here) watch an episode of a TV show. This app changed the way I work and allows me to work a full 8-hour day of studying at home without becoming run-down or losing focus.
I found this quite handy. I usually get distracted while revising, and instead of using an app that blocks my social media, I used this instead. This kept me quite motivated and made the time go quicker than usual. I usually revise for an hour and take 10 minutes (this is kind of the same but 30 minutes with 5 minute break) and then take an hours break after 2 hours of work. This app offers 25 minutes after 2 hours which for me, isn't long enough to cook some food. But does give you the option to pause the timer to give you slightly longer. Great app
Easy to accidentally turn the timer off
This app is really useful if you want to use the Pomodoro method for productivity. However, you can pause the timer by tapping anywhere on the screen, not just on the large pause button. This means in can be very easy to accidentally pause the timer when switching between apps using multitasking gestures. It’s incredibly frustrating to switch back to the app after working in a different app and find that the timer has accidentally been paused and you have no idea how long you have been working for. A option to disable the ‘tap anywhere to pause’ feature would be greatly appreciated.
- PIXO Incorporation
- 35.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © PIXO Incorporation
- In-App Purchases
- Pomodoro Keeper Pro £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.