Compare pairs of folders and display differences using colour coding. After comparing, choose to automatically sync the folders or manually manipulate the files (copy, move, rename or delete) directly within the Folder Sync window.
Built in scheduling abilities which can run multiple Presets concurrently with no user intervention. Schedule Presets to repeat at a regular interval or to sync at specific days/times.
Ideal for keeping multiple pairs of folders in sync, quickly and easily. Great for backups and for merging and managing content on external USB hard drives, Network Attached Storage, camera memory cards or any other drives from your network which are available through Finder.
- Modern interface
- Simple yet powerful
- Great for beginners and advanced users
- Sync Queue allows multiple Presets to run in parallel with no user intervention
- Schedule Presets to automatically Sync using the Sync Queue
- Excellent preview and feedback at every stage
- Realtime feedback in window as files are read from disk
- Powerful filtering capabilities
- Superb custom selection abilities
- Extensive logging system
- Designate folders as "Read Only Mode" within the app
- App will use the Recycle Bin where available
- Ability to delay read of sub folders from disk, a HUGE time saver
Folder Sync 2 also now includes a fully featured Duplicate Finder which can be accessed by starting a new tab using the Folder Sync 2, File Screen Menu
- Search Multiple Folders to locate duplicates within them
- Use File Name and Size as match criteria or match on File Contents to detect duplicate files with different names
- All duplicates found are presented in a UI which supports Quick Look
- Select multiple duplicates found to Delete batches of them
- Comprehensive preview of all files marked for deletion prior to committing to delete
- Accidental deletion prevention mechanism to prevent you accidentally deleting all copies of a file found in the search
*** Please contact Destek Support if you have any issues and we will do whatever we can to assist. Thank you. ***
# New in Version 2.14.3
- Fixed selection highlighting on Big Sur
- Added support for Apple Silicon
# New in Version 2.14.2
- Preset table search improved
- Preset tags now offer autocompletes as you type
- Preset table rows now also display time stamp of last run in the Sync Queue
- Preset table rows sorted by date now also takes account of Sync Queue time stamp
- The log can now be manually cleared
- Fixed an issue whereby Presets schedules were being incorrectly linked when duplicating a Preset
# New in Version 2.14.1
- Compatibility Improvements
# New in Version 2.14.0
- Refreshed App Icon
- Compatibility Improvements and Bug Fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not as stab lke as the previous version
I really liked the previous verions of this app', but the new version is not as stable. So much so, I prefer using the old version for large NAS moves and syncs...
Developer Response ,
Hi CPG7, lack of stability suggests you are experiencing crashes but I don’t see any crash logs to reflect that so am thinking that you are not experiencing stability issues as such but perhaps some other issue? Please contact support if you need assistance.
I did 3 tests using this app, mostly sync'ing photo libraries. Admittedly there are in excess of 100,000 files in each of the libraries, but when "Folder Sync 2" had completed and confirmed all was OK there was between 800 and almost 2000 files missing from the target locations. I verified this using "find . -type f -print | wc -l" in the source and destination locations. I then used "rsync -a <source> <destination>" which identified the differences and resolved them. I also found FreeFileSync was able to do this as well. Using the "find" command again now confirmed the source and target matched.
It seems there is a fundamental issue in the logic of "Folder Sync 2" as it seems unable to achieve its principle objective! It also seems painfully slow compared to rsync.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to review TinyB0b! Please do consider getting in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org as we'd be very keen to learn more about your experience. We've only ever had two reports of mismatched sides after syncing, one turned out to be user error (user had compared two folders but did not actually sync them) and the other was traced to the users third party NTFS file system driver which did not correctly resolve file names containing special characters. There is no denying that rsync is a superb tool for those happy operating in the terminal but we note that you chose to compare the speed of Folder Sync with rsync and not the other GUI based app you referenced. A command line based tool with low overheads is always going to outperform an app with a feature rich GUI, especially a mature command line utility like rsync. In a more representative benchmark, when comparing two folders we found that Folder Sync 2 consistently outperformed the other GUI based app you mention.
Trial version is crippled and messed up my folders
Downloaded with best of intentions to evaluate fully and write an honest review (I felt the 2* reviews it had received were unfair), however on installing it and comparing two (not huge) network folders full of photos to “evaluate” how well it works.
Compare seemed to work well, however you cannot sync without going through the itunes “purchase” of a trial, having done that, i hit sync (on a handful of folders it marked as inconsistant) and the software estimated a reasonable 1.5 hours to sync (10gb)
HOWEVER. After you hit sync, the software adds an ever increasing delay (starts at 2 seconds) between file transfers, which means my 1.5 hours has now become 8 hours, if I cancel, i’ll end up with partially copied folders, or I’ll have to wait 8 hours for the sync to complete and hope the network holds out.
I’m sure the software works well, but not being able to evaluate properly when deleting, copying and moving potential critical (or priceless) files should be a warning sign for everyone.
Developer Response ,
Hi ibwan, Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I can confirm that cancelling a sync operation does not damage or mess up any files or folders. Cancelling a sync stops the sync operation after the current file copy or delete operation finishes. The time delays have proven to be a very unpopular method to protect the software from abuse and I have removed them completely from version 2.3.0. Version 2.3.0 is currently with apple for approval. In version 2.3.0 the trial has been reset and anybody who previously tested the app will again be able to test the app, this time with no controversial delays added. As an indie developer trying to make ends meet selling apps, I hope you'll accept my apology for any stress I may have caused you and consider reevaluating the app at version 2.3.0 when that is released and perhaps consider updating your review. Don't hesitate to get in touch with support if you require any further assistance.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Destek Ltd
- 3.6 MB
macOS 10.13 or later
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Destek Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Free 14 day Trial
- Upgrade to Full Version £16.99
- Purchase Full Version £23.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.