The app Food Intolerances is a tool to help everyone who has to stick to a restricted diet because of food intolerances or allergies. Typical application cases are: histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, aspirin intolerance, gluten sensitivity, lactose intolerance or a diet low in FODMAPs.
The app was reviewed and evaluated by a medical jury and was awarded with the Digital Health Heroes Award 2018.*
It contains more than 900 foods that are commented and rated in view of the following subjects:
- Carbohydrate malabsorptions
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total)
- Histamine intolerance
• Histamine content
• Tyramine content
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
- Salicylate intolerance
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
- Other intolerances and allergies
Filters for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef and honey
- More features
• Detailed info texts
• Flexibly adjustable rating system
• Filter function
• Sorting function
• Possibility to write notes and manually adjust the rating
• Adjustable portion size
• List of favorites
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
- Nutrition facts (in-app purchase)
• General nutrition facts (e.g. energy, protein, salt, omega-3, ...)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, ...)
• Vitamins A to K
• Recommended daily intake
• Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Nickel allergy and nickel content
• Sort foods by nutrition values (works in combination with the filter function)
** This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but common foods and basic food categories. It provides you with all the information needed to deal with your intolerance and to avoid common mistakes.
• You can now add foods to your favorites and view them in a separate category.
• We significantly improved the performance of the app.
• We revised the info section and added new articles.
• The table layout was improved.
• There are several new entries in the food database.
• We prepared this app for future iOS releases.
• You can now see the percentage of hidden foods when using the filter function.
• The new version contains many more detail improvements.
We hope that you like the changes and would be very happy about a review in the app store!
Ratings and Reviews
The only "go to" Ap
This Ap is the best. I have had a few others that have given very basic FODMAP ratings but the extensive food lists on this Ap are excellent. Being able to set your own tolerance/intolerance levels personalises the food lists making shopping a dream. I had trouble at first with my settings so sent an e-mail to get some guidance. I was very impressed by the speedy response I got. I also had a couple of questions that were answered in depth and quickly. It's really nice to know there is someone there to help out if you get stuck. I am not an Ap person at all but this Ap is perfect and handy to have when shopping or eating out. It's amazing value and for me the best one out there. Don't waste your money on cheaper versions that don't offer a tailor made listing or support. This is the only Ap you will need. Can't recommend it enough :)
Good detailed info
What I really like is the fact that this actually gives you a number per mg for histamine and the detailed notes are super interesting and helpful. For example it explains why bananas are rated high in histamine. I just wish the filters worked better - it never seems to filter by traffic light properly.
So Useful for Low Fodmap diet
My dietician has put me on the low fodmap diet but information available generally is very poor and many foods are not rated. This app is brilliant on the go and allows me to rate new things I come across and avoid problems. It has also helped me identify foods that I thought I could eat but were giving me a problem like smoked fish (because it is often honey glazed) Highly recommended and I have also purchased the add on section.
I just wish it had even more foods - perhaps some more "English" stuff?
But overall a really useful app and I would recommend it highly.
- Baliza GmbH
- 55.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Additional allergens £0.99
- Nutritional values £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.