• Healthline.com: Best Allergy Apps of the Year 2020
• Focus Money 2018, 2019 and 2020: "Top App" in the health category
• MeinAllergiePortal – Digital Health Heroes Award 2018
The app Food Intolerances helps you if you have to stick to a restricted diet after being diagnosed with food intolerances, sensitivities or allergies. It offers you an extensive food list with more than 1000 foods, tables with the most important data and detailed comments for assessing the tolerance.
Food Intolerances can, for example, be used for histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, a diet low in FODMAP for IBS, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, lactose intolerance, salicylate intolerance or gluten sensitivity.
Our app was tested by the medical jury of MeinAllergiePortal and was awarded the Digital Health Heroes Award 2018 at the 13th German Allergy Congress*.
THE BEST APP FOR YOUR NEEDS
• Configure the app to fit your specific needs
• Use the recipe calculator to check your favorite meals and optimize them individually
• Add your own notes and manually adjust ratings where necessary
• Change the portion size and check your tolerance of different amounts
• Mark your favorites for quick access via a separate list
• Filter and sort the entries very flexibly
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total) as a profile to avoid all potentially problematic carbohydrates
HISTAMINE AND TYRAMINE INTOLERANCE
• Content of the biogenic amines histamine and tyramine
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
SALICYLATE OR ASPIRIN INTOLERANCE
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
OTHER INTOLERANCES AND ALLERGIES
Profiles for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef, honey, treenuts and nightshades
• Detailed articles about food intolerances
• Free blog with interesting articles
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
• Supports Dark Mode
NUTRITION FACTS (IN-APP PURCHASE)
• General nutrition facts (e.g. calories, protein, salt, fat, ...)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, ...)
• Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (folic acid), B12, C, D, E and K
• Recommended daily intake
• Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio, glycemic index and glycemic load
• Alcohol content
• Nickel allergy and nickel content
• Sort foods by nutrition values
At Baliza, we have been developing nutritional apps that provide tailored nutritional recommendations to people with special dietary needs since 2011. Our award-winning apps are helpful guides that combine carefully researched information from scientific sources with all the capabilities offered by modern smartphones. You get all of our apps as a fair one-time purchase without a subscription.
** This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but common foods and basic food categories. It provides you with all the information needed to deal with your intolerance and to avoid common mistakes.
• The app now supports dark mode.
• We revised the info area in our app and greatly expanded the instruction manual.
• We added new allergens: nuts and nightshades. If you configured these allergens in our no longer supported allergy in-app you can simply continue to use them.
• Caution: Other cross-allergies from this in-app, whose support ended in 2017, no longer work from this version. If you heavily rely on them, you shouldn't update the app!
• There are several new foods in the database, including stevia and erythritol.
• We fixed a minor error in the recipe function that was responsible for elevated histamine values in some isolated cases.
• We reviewed the sucrose content of some foods.
• The search function and the sorting function now work together seamlessly.
• Your shopping list and your edits are now structured into categories.
• The configuration dialogue of the allergy profiles is now easier to use.
• There are numerous additional detail improvements.
• Nutrition in-app: We added the alcohol content as a new value.
• Version 4.8.1 fixes some minor issues with our latest update.
We really hope that you like the changes! By the way, if you want to support us, we would be very happy about a review in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for anyone interested in nutrition
It’s worth paying the extra for the upgrade.
Extensive info, easy to use.
One of the Best
Having tried many useless food apps I decided to try this on recommendation and I’m glad I did. Despite the high price tag and the fact it’s American (and I’m in the UK) it still has the most comprehensive list of foods and additives and general intolerance information I’ve seen yet. Colourful and clear, it’s easy to see the info you need at a glance. There are options for favourites list, notes and shopping list. Covers all known intolerance conditions and some lesser known ones whilst providing details per serving or 100g - your choice. The traffic light system works well and you can set this according to your tolerance level; whether mild, moderate or severe. There’s a lot of extra information too about nutrition, additives, science, medical conditions and the way in which these affect the body. You can further update for just 99p/cents for comprehensive information regarding all-round scientific food knowledge including an entire breakdown of individual food components and their nutritional values etc.
Dropped a star because it’s US biased and it needs to include a wider, more ‘global foods’ approach. What is also missing is a medicines database that shows hidden intolerant substances often found in many popular pharmaceutical drugs. However, this is only a minor lapse and doesn’t affect the overall usefulness of what is fundamentally a very informative App.
Good detailed info
What I really like is the fact that this actually gives you a number per mg for histamine and the detailed notes are super interesting and helpful. For example it explains why bananas are rated high in histamine. I just wish the filters worked better - it never seems to filter by traffic light properly.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Baliza GmbH
- 59.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Nutritional values £1.99
- Additional allergens £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.