Screenshots

Description

Foodwatts is a guide to the nutrients contained in food.


Did you know:

A Big Mac contains on average 563 kcal, enough energy for about

- 2 hours and 10 minutes of brisk walking,

- just under an hour of running,

- 1 hour and 10 minutes of cycling,

- one and a half hours of swimming,

- six and a half hours of light office work

- or just over 13 hours of sleeping?

By weight, Camembert cheese contains more than twice as much sodium as it does calcium? And Brie has three times as much?

Dandelion greens are high in vitamin K?

Instant tea contains more caffeine than instant coffee?

Ready-to-eat rice puddings contain 0.3% ethyl alcohol?

Horsemeat is generally leaner than beef?

Tea contains traces of saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids?

Tap water is only 99.9% water? The remaining 0.1 per cent? It's a residue of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, zinc, copper and fluoride.


For every food listed, Foodwatts gives a list of minerals, vitamins, lipids, amino acids, calories and other constituents.

It also indicates the times needed to use up the energy contained in each food, for various physical activities.

Once you've downloaded Foodwatts, you will have your own personal database - you won't need an internet connection to use it.

Sometimes it's fun just to look at the huge variety of foods available.

The data comes from the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, representing over a centuary of research.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/ba/bhnrc/ndl

What’s New

Version 4.2

USDA SR28 National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 28 updated May 2016, June 2017 and August 2017.

May 2016: Nutrient values for a number of foods recalculated.
June 2017: Nutrient values in some fatty acids in ground beef corrected.
August 2017: Manganese values in New Zealand beef liver corrected.


USDA Updates now included:

Added Babyfood, finger snacks, GERBER, GRADUATES, LIL CRUNCHIES - MILD CHEDDAR


Added nutrients to:

Cheese product, pasteurized process, American, vitamin D fortified
Babyfood, finger snacks, GERBER, GRADUATES, PUFFS, apple and cinnamon
Babyfood, cereal, oatmeal, dry fortified
Frankfurter, beef, unheated
Ham, sliced, pre-packaged, deli meat (96%fat free, water added)
Turkey breast, sliced, prepackaged
Bread, wheat
Snacks, corn-based, extruded, puffs or twists, cheese-flavor
Chicken, nuggets, dark and white meat, precooked, frozen, not reheated
Babyfood, finger snacks, GERBER, GRADUATES, LIL CRUNCHIES - MILD CHEDDAR


Changed nutrient data for:

Babyfood, meat, beef, junior
Babyfood, finger snacks, GERBER, GRADUATES, PUFFS, apple and cinnamon
Babyfood, cereal, mixed, with applesauce and bananas, junior, fortified
Babyfood, cereal, oatmeal, with applesauce and bananas, junior, fortified
Babyfood, cereal, Rice, dry, fortified
Babyfood, snack, GERBER, GRADUATES, YOGURT MELTS
Ham, sliced, pre-packaged, deli meat (96%fat free, water added)
Beans, snap, green, canned, regular pack, drained solids
Babyfood, meat, beef with vegetables, toddler


Added nutrient data for various ground beef products:

18:1 undifferentiated
18:2 undifferentiated
18:3 undifferentiated
Manganese, Mn

Ratings and Reviews

5.0 out of 5
3 Ratings

3 Ratings

Will.u.c ,

What a great app!

Throw away your diet books! This is the only app you need for checking your food for calorie intake, useful for many types of fitness training and restricted calorie diets. Also, under nutrients, you can check sodium levels, essential for low salt diets. Thousands of foods, including USA brand names, are in the database. Does not need an Internet connection to work. Perfect!

Toppermost ,

Best in class

Says it all.

Information

Provider
Anthony McCollum
Size
137.6 MB
Category
Health & Fitness
Compatibility

Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Languages

English

Age Rating
Rated 4+
Copyright
© 2012-2017 Anthony McCollum
Price
Free

Supports

  • Family Sharing

    Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.

More By This Developer

You May Also Like