The lite version can count up to 3000 steps a day.
Footsteps is an advanced pedometer counting steps and calories burned as you walk or run.
It's easy to use, works when in your pocket, hand or a case.
It doesn't require any special belt although works great when you use one.
Works in background (don't forget to start Footsteps after you turn on your iPhone/iPod).
Works with Apple Watch.
- Records steps, duration, distance and calories burned
- Displays current speed, pace and calorie burn
- Works in background
- Works with Apple Watch
- Optional integration with the Health App
- Displays counts for walking and running as well as total counts
- Nine color schemes to choose from including high contrast B&W
- Dark mode support
- Timer pauses automatically when no activity is detected
- Pacer helps you maintain the desired speed and intensity. It also gives you information about calories burned per hour as you maintain this speed
- Distance chime
- Advanced algorithm calculating calories burned
- Screen lock
- Configurable step length for walking and running separately (check our website for step length calculators)
- Configurable units of measurement both English and Metric
- History & Graphs modules
- Allows to share your workout sessions by email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
- On iPhones turns the screen off to save battery when close to the body, in the pocket or case
The pedometer can group your activity into workouts. You decide when to start, pause, reset and save your workout.
You can also turn off workouts completely and let Footsteps capture your steps whenever the app is running (Settings -> Use Workouts switch to OFF).
History module lets you browse your activity grouped by months, weeks, days or you can see your individual workouts.
You can add, edit or delete any of your activity, you can also share it by Email (with CSV attachment), SMS, Twitter or Facebook.
THE APPLE HEALTH APP INTEGRATION
You can set up Footsteps to provide steps, active calories and distance data to the Health App/Activity App.
Footsteps can also synchronize weight with the Health App.
You can use Apple watch with Footsteps, the activity recorded by it is transferred to Footsteps.
The app can also contribute to Activity Rings If you turn on Health Kit integration.
The pedometer has a built-in help system with FAQ section,also feel free to contact our support, we'll be glad to help you. (from within Footsteps tap Help, then Feedback and send us an email explaining the problem).
- Fixed 'Today' stats in History
- Fixed crashes
- Adjusted for iOS14
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app
Downloaded as the only free one compatible for my iPhone 5c.
It's not 100% accurate as sometimes it doesn't register all steps, however it's pretty ok and gives you quite a good idea of how you are doing. I like all the options of charting your progress and great that you can change the settings to suit.
Totally Inaccurate / Huge Disappointment
This App is a big disappointment. It misses a huge amount of steps, which means virtually every statistic is wrong. I’ve sent messages to the developer asking for help/guidance but not had even the courtesy of a reply. I am now going to ask for my £1.99 back... Don’t hold your breath!!
Tried this app today for the first time. Easy to use but will only do 3,000 steps for free. Did not want to pay for it simply because I was not sure how good it was. I walk about 3 to 5 miles 5 days a week. Give it a go if you do 3,000 steps or less.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Palm Shadow Apps LLC
- 4.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021 Palm Shadow Apps LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.