Download the app for a 30-day free trial. ForeFlight is the integrated flight app with all the essentials for VFR & IFR route planning, flight plan filing, and flying in Europe.
ForeFlight is the most widely used application by individual pilots and professional flight crews to access weather and airport information, plan flights with optimized routing, file flight plans via EUROCONTROL, access and manage electronic charts and maps, reference flight manuals and documents, avoid terrain and obstacles with powerful hazard awareness tools, access in-flight traffic (and weather where supported), and aid enroute navigation.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and to record track logs, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
CHARTS & DATA TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
ForeFlight’s state-of-the-art map engine gives the app its signature speed and fluidity when panning and zooming. Data-driven Aeronautical map uses Jeppesen’s global VFR and IFR navigation data to depict waypoints, airports, airspace, airways, arrival/departure procedures, circuits, holds, no overfly areas, and more to support VFR and IFR flying in Europe.
Europe geo-region includes AIP enroute, procedure, and aerodrome charts and documents provided via EUROCONTROL. Optional add-ons include Jeppesen VFR Procedures, Jeppesen IFR Airway Manual coverages, and the German DFS VFR AIP and Charts. More countries and coverages to come.
EUROCONTROL-INTEGRATED FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan routes using the interactive Maps tab or the form-based Flights tab. Graphical Route Advisor produces EUROCONTROL validated routes within a matter of seconds. Simply tap the desired route to add it to your plan.
File your flight plan from the mobile app or on the web and receive Calculated Take-Off Time (CTOT) notifications (if applicable to your flight). Our global, redundant AFTN connection provides fast, direct, and unlimited access to filing flight plans with no additional cost or account configuration required. ForeFlight currently supports filing within and between any EUROCONTROL member states and Greenland. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
SUPERIOR WEATHER VISUALIZATION
Overlay a wide selection of interactive weather layers on the Maps view, along with your route line, and quickly see if conditions will affect your flight. View animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, icing, turbulence, isobars, METAR-based layers, and more. Color-coded METARs/TAFs with decoded text help you quickly interpret conditions.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
See the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. For ultimate situational awareness, overlay them onto the Maps view, along with weather and hazards in one integrated view.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Profile View, automatic Hazard Alerts, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map view for a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. Features Jeppesen’s high-resolution terrain and obstacle data. Pair with an AHRS source for a backup attitude display on Synthetic Vision.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Built-in documents catalog
Airport business and fuel price information
Weight & Balance
Over-the-air data updates using delta-downloads technology
Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
Access to web planner
Fliegermagazin Newcomer of the Year 2018
Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
Cloud Coverage Forecast Map Layer
• Get a more complete view of forecast global cloud coverage during flight planning with the new Clouds map layer.
• Enable the Clouds layer in the Maps view Layer Selector, just below the Icing and Turbulence layers.
• The layer is based on the GFS Cloud Coverage product and depicts different forecast percentages of cloud cover over different areas using shades of gray.
• Like the Icing and Turbulence layers, Clouds uses both an altitude and time slider to view forecasts at different altitudes and times, and the layer’s data can also be downloaded for offline use using Pack.
• The Clouds map layer is included in Pro Plus and MFB Pro subscription plans and above, and Business Performance plans.
Clouds in Profile View & 3D Preview
• The same Clouds forecast layer is also available in Profile View and 3D Preview.
• Like the Icing and Turbulence layers, you can enable Clouds using the layer selectors in the lower-left of both Profile View and 3D Preview to display forecasted cloud coverage at multiple altitudes along your route.
• Both Profile View and 3D Preview combine all relevant forecast periods into a single depiction that aligns with your flight’s planned departure and enroute times.
• Clouds and other weather layers in 3D Preview and Profile View are included in ForeFlight Performance Plus and Business Performance subscription plans.
Internet Traffic in 3D Airports
• View live Internet Traffic via FlightAware in 3D Airports to analyze airport activity, follow takeoffs and landings, and more.
• When viewing an airport in 3D, tap the new layer selector in the bottom left and select Traffic to display any airborne traffic near the airport. Unlike the Traffic map layer, 3D Airports does not display ground traffic.
• Traffic targets appear as blue diamonds showing their tail number and current altitude.
• Tap on any traffic target to display its vertical and horizontal track as a blue curtain like in 3D Review. 3D Airports only shows an aircraft’s movement from the time you opened the view or enabled the Traffic layer.
• 3D Airports with Traffic is included in ForeFlight Performance Plus and Business Performance subscription plans.
Additional Mountain Peak Markers
• ForeFlight’s High Resolution Basemap displays more mountain peak markers near terminal areas and elsewhere for enhanced hazard awareness.
• Zooming the map into any terminal area will reveal all peaks and associated altitudes within 15nm of the airport, and zooming into any mountainous region will display a greater number of peaks as well.
• Download the High Resolution Basemap for different regions around the world in More > Downloads.
Airport Terrain Information
• Quickly get a sense of the terrain variations near an airport by tapping the new Terrain button in the Airport Summary view.
• The Terrain button appears just to the right of the airport’s taxiway thumbnail on the Airports view or in the airport popup elsewhere in the app. The button only appears for airports in mountainous areas to indicate the presence of major terrain features.
• Tap the button to view the maximum and minimum terrain elevations within 10nm of the airport, as well as the airport elevation.
New Street & Aerial Map Styles
• Both the Street Map and Aerial Map layers have improved styling.
• The Aerial Map has more prominent street and place labels to help you identify features on the map.
• The Street Map uses a new style that continues showing topographical information even at very high zoom levels.
• Both map layers require an internet connection to view.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fly safer, get this app.
I’ve been monitoring ForeFlight since it came out in the US in 2007 along with other similar EFB apps. Now that it is available in Europe, I highly recommend it. What sets this apart from other apps is that you get Jeppesen VFR data overlayed on a really fast map. It also gives you warnings for obstacles, height, terrain, altimeter setting, runways etc. It definitely needs airspace notifications. I could go on with the amount of things it does. At this moment it’s not perfect but is near. I’ve already experienced their support team and they’re really good. Best thing you could do right now is download the app and try it for 30 days. Happy and safe flying!
Brilliant app with a even better customer support service
Recently purchased the basic plus package but sadly realised that I had bought the EU version instead of USA version. Emailed ForeFlight support and within 10 mins someone got back to me saying they’d sorted it and swapped it for the USA package. Excellent app and excellent service highly rate it for anyone time building like myself.
Fantastic app ... wish there was a sim only subscription
Great app and absolutely loved using it.
But, my free trial has finished so time to part ways unfortunately.
No question in my mind that if a real world pilot then this has to be considered essential accessory, but I’m an X-Plane sim pilot and only a part time fun flyer at that, not an all in enthusiast.
Sadly, can’t justify the cost of a formal subscription as it’s just not warranted, but if there were a reasonably priced ‘sim only’ subscription path I’d absolutely go for that as I have to say it absolutely enhanced the sense of realism using X-Plane with ForeFlight on an iPad. Great fun.
Or, would you think of making your test platforms ‘sim only’ for public beta testing at all?
- ForeFlight, LLC
- 284.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 ForeFlight LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Plus US - 3 months £48.99
- Basic Plus EUR - 3 Months £48.99
- Basic Plus US - 1 Year £99.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.