"I'm obsessed with the FourTrack recording app - a super powerful studio in your pocket." Trey Anastasio (Phish guitarist) in Rolling Stone Magazine
• Multitrack recording: use bounce for more than 4 tracks
• 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality
• Pan Control: move tracks from left to right
• Timeline: seek to anywhere in a song
• Latency Compensation: accurate to within 1ms
• Compressor-Limiter: fattens sound of output mix
• Bounce: mix song to track 1 and 2 of a new song to record as many tracks as you want
• Metronome: select tempo by number or tapping. Record along with real drums, including beats by Jason McGerr (Death Cab for Cutie)
• MasterFX: sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ
• File Import - Import audio by opening an audio email attachment, or dragging audio files into FourTrack's FileImport in iTunes, or by copying from another AudioCopy enabled app. Supports .wav, .mp3 and .aiff formats
• File Export - Export your recordings by uploading to Dropbox (share/email from Dropbox), or saving to your Desktop with iTunes file sharing, or use AudioCopy to copy your tracks to another app
• Input Monitoring - Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix
• Jam along with iTunes by launching FourTrack while your iTunes Music app is playing.
• Interface Control Panel - Adjust the input settings of GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, GuitarJack Model 2 and other third-party interfaces.
• TaylorEQ - Input EQ for enhancing FourTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic instrument - select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer
• ARM Optimized Audio Engine - Hand optimized assembly code
• New in v6: GuitarTone amps & effects in FourTrack updated to sound even better. Purchase amp and effect packs in the stand-alone GuitarTone App, and they will be automatically activated in FourTrack as well
• New in v7: Dropbox Sync: Upload and store your mixes and projects to your Dropbox account, then share your music by emailing links to friends
• New in v7.1: AudioCopy 3: Copy and paste audio between other AudioCopy 3 enabled apps, and dded support for GuitarJack Stage and StudioJack Min audio interfaces
• New in v7.1.3: Enhanced support for GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, and predecessors (GuitarJack Model 2 and GuitarJack 2 USB), as well as generic USB audio interfaces
• New in v7.2: Updated for iOS 10
• New in v7.2.1: Fixed playback crash in iOS 10.1, fixed bug where output was always going to speaker, and fixed bug in sharing of GuitarTone purchases and presets in iOS 10
• New in 7.3.1: Built for iOS 11, lower latency (256 frame buffer size down from 512), and updated Dropbox V2
To prevent losing data during iTunes sync, see the FourTrack Guide and be sure to backup your FourTrack songs before updating.
Videos, Guide, FAQ, Forum: sonomawireworks.com/fourtrack
Email email@example.com with questions.
"Solid and functional. Stable, easy and useful" - Wired.com
- Updated for iOS 11
- Lower latency (256 frame buffer size down from 512)
- Updated Dropbox to V2
- Fixed some crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've been hoping for something like this for a while. Like some other reviewers I remember paying a chunk of cash for a pretty basic Tascam not all that long ago.
There are a few extra features that could be added (eg: mute/solo), maybe 'virtual tracks' rather than having to use the bounce facility etc. However,as it is it's a nice functional application that's great as a basic multitrack. I'm suprised that there are some moans about it being six quid. If I was told 10 years ago that I would be able to pay £6 to have a multitrack recorder built into my phone / Internet / camera / email machine, I'd have most likely not believed it.
Great effort. I'll look forward to how this and other similar apps develop.
Disappointed by the limited export functionality
no option to email or even upload/extract to/from a desktop
Only option is to upload to drop box which to this day takes about a week ...
Ain’t no body got time for that 🤦🏾♂️
I have to say this app has blown me away. If your after just a simple recording device to make notes of ideas you might get whilst on holiday or messing about with your guitar or other instruments at home then this is frighteningly brilliant. The recorded sound through the in built phone mic is amazing. That you can then add extra layers to expand on the idea is awesome.
I bought this app before going away on holiday and played ideas back through my Bose docking station and was amazed by the clarity of the recorded sound. I was able to jam new ideas and layers to existing sounds and then add to them on the four track.
Have since returned home, played tracks back through the main desk, and turned ideas into songs with the rest of the band and am well chuffed as I would have in the past probably forgotten everything…not now.
If your after anything more complex then this is not for you, and you should get a proper recoding application for your PC or MAC as the app does try to be something its not, but for what it is designed for it is stunningly brilliant and well worth the money.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.