Froggy Match-it will help your child to develop good reading and spelling skills. It is an educational, interactive phonics game for children just learning to read and is ideal for use in school and at home. The game is designed so that children focus on the reading and spelling tasks. Froggy Match-it uses a step-by-step approach and covers a lot of the phonics learnt at school. In trials, teachers were enthusiastic about the benefits of Froggy Match-it. The children loved it, too!
• For beginner readers of all ages.
• Ideal to use once a child knows most of the sounds that single letters make.
• Three activities at each level: reading; making words with graphemes; spelling words. The final 3 levels have an additional game, choosing the right word to fill a gap in a sentence.
• Works well in school and at home.
• Fits in with phonics work in school.
• Uses British English spelling and audio.
• Developed by teachers at Easylearn, who have been producing literacy resources for 20 years.
• Ensures children focus on the important tasks of reading and spelling.
• Includes a fun reward game.
• Designed to ensure that children are competent at one level before moving on to a higher one.
• Writing sheets available at no extra cost.
• Excellent feedback from trials by teachers.
• No in-app purchases or other distractions or adverts.
Try out the FREE version. It has all the features of the full Froggy Match-it app, but covers the first level only. This first level deals with three letter words such as ‘cat’, ‘dig’ and ‘hop’.
If you want to contact us, please use our website, as we are unable to respond to reviews on the App Store.
What teachers said
“A straightforward game, which the children enjoy and which enables them to practise their skills.” Sue, Hampshire
“I loved the way it moved from matching, to choosing the spelling, to actually writing the spelling.” Maura, Ballyduff
“The levels build up on skills already learnt. The pupils love it.” Viv, Edinburgh
Ratings and Reviews
Unlike some learning games which are just that... games, this one seems to have real structure and is obviously made by someone who knows a lot about education technique. My kids sit in the back of our car and really seem to have fun and learn at the same time... keep it up guys ;-)
I am an Outreach teacher who uses this app with pupils who have a Specific Learning Difficulty in Literacy. They really enjoy using the app and can't wait to get through the levels to get to the Fly Game. They hope to miss the "Buzzy Bee" and not lose any points. The pupils are very enthusiastic. I like the way it encourages the pupils to gain more points to move through the levels. A brilliant app for the pupils I work with daily. Many thanks FroggyMatchIt!!
Really good, really motivational, rewards for correct answers and free downloadable work sheets, a real bonus. 'Froggy' provides a rewarding experience for both children and parents. It's great to watch independent learning and enthusiasm to learn! Thank you Froggy with your help my children look forward to learning to spell and catching flies (bonus game) is great fun.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.