Anime. Anytime. Anywhere.
Subscribe to FunimationNow and take your love of anime anywhere you go with this free iOS app!
Watch Funimation’s library of HD, ad-free anime shows featuring iconic classics and the hottest new series streaming just hours after they air in Japan. With the largest collection of English-dubbed episodes online and the option to watch in the original Japanese with English subtitles, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
• Unlimited access to hundreds of subtitled and English-dubbed anime shows
• Watch HD shows, movies, OVAs, and extras completely ad free
• The latest simulcast shows, as well as our huge library of anime classics
• Exclusive English dubs within weeks of their Japanese broadcast
• Support original Japanese creators by getting your anime from an official source
• Purchase a subscription from within the app
• Advanced Search to find and filter shows easily
• Marathoning / Auto-play next episode
• +/- 10 sec skip
• Queue sync
• Episode progress sync across devices
• Airplay and Chromecast features
FunimationNow subscription details:
• FunimationNow subscribers will receive a 14-Day free trial. After that, the account will renew on a monthly basis.
• Subscribers will be charged a monthly fee of $5.99 for a Premium Subscription. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
◆ Addresses an issue where the app would sometimes crash when streaming video over cellular data
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was recommended Funimation by a friend about a year ago so I decided to try it out. When I initially downloaded it I was genuinely happy with what I saw, it has a decent range of anime, good dubbing, good layout and a not particularly expensive membership. However, I now notice that Funimation isn’t perfect, there is a bug where it says you have to purchase premium despite the fact you already have purchased it. This infuriates me as I am paying for a service so I expect to get what I pay for. It’s like going to a restaurant, not being given food and still having to pay. As well as that, a great deal of the anime I wish to watch are not available in the UK, e.g. Dragon ball, One piece etc etc. This too is annoying as I know that people in other regions are paying the same amount as I am but are getting a better variety of anime. Finally, they have terrible customer support. Once you email them it can take days before they respond to you and even then they don’t really help you with your issue. Overall I would say this app has potential if they get themselves together and start fixing the problems. If this carries on I doubt I will be a member of Funimation premium for long.
I quite like this app it lets you watch a lot of anime’s on English dub, it also is quite tidy so people could find the wanted anime's they so desire to watch. But there are some let downs to this app in fact I have a few that I can point out. One would be that most famous anime’s that a lot of people are wanting to watch they would not be able to watch it for the reason being that it might not be on there. Another let down to this website is that people would be having to turn on subtitles every single episode and for some odd reason the auto titles would not work for me. But the main reason that I am not sure about carrying on with Funimation is there lack of well made, famous anime’s that is the let down of this app. I hope that in the future the creators of this app could fix this problem by adding anime’s that the majority of anime lovers actually are willing to pay £5 monthly for this app. I really hope that my review/message has gotten through to the creators and to other people.
Not a good streaming service
I don’t usually write reviews for anything but honestly people need to know before potentially buying. I’m gonna preface this by saying I prefer subbed anime in Japanese. With the split between Funimation and Crunchyroll to stream certain shows subbed legitimately is a real pain as not only are the subtitles horrible to read in the default settings to change it to be remotely bearable takes far to long and is no where near intuitive. Even after this the quality is terrible and it is a huge turn off to anyone wanting to watch these shows being localised by Funimation legitimately when every other service does the same thing better. This wouldn’t be a problem but the only place to watch these shows legitimately is on this service forcing you to suffer through the terrible user interface and quality of the subs. On top of this it is incredibly hard to navigate to find new shows every season as to navigate and find stuff is incredibly hard and counter intuitive. Honestly if I didn’t care so much about supporting the companies over in japan that make the shows I’d recommend people torrent over this but honestly Funimation fix your broken service if you want to go it on your own.
- Funimation Entertainment
- 57.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- ©2017-19 Funimation Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Plus - Monthly £4.99
- Premium Plus Ultra - Yearly £90.99
- Premium - Yearly £49.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.