GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard or crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• Simple interface designed for easy music making
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer, percussionist or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose from among 33 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments from some of today’s biggest producers
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Drummer loops can be added to your song and then customised with performance controls
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Track to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Export to your Music library or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone or iPad, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
• Remotely add new tracks to your project using GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad
Works with Logic Remote
• Use your iPhone or iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock and pop
• Free Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Update Notification Error
This app is showing a notification telling me to update. I am on Mac OS Catalina, due to having a mac incompatible with Big Sur. Yet this app the system is telling me to update is ONLY compatible with Big Sur. The current version works fine and dandy on Catalina, so no point sending me notifications for something that will not work on my mac.
No Longer Compatible With Plug-ins
I like the application for what it is and is a simple way for me to record guitar riffs and other bits and pieces. The problem i'm having is that the guitar amp plug-in software pieces I use (Neural DSP) are no longer supported by Garageband. They worked for a long time but when I updated to the latest version of Garageband they no longer work so all the tones I've dialed in for practice can no longer be used and I can no longer track riffs without using the amps which already come with Garageband. Please do another update so plug in software pieces can be used. I also contacted Neural DSP to see if there was anything they could do but they said its on Garagebands end to sort the issue. Thanks
Lacks decent UX design
The app is very usful for sharing and recording tracks between people BUT, can the developers take a look at other audio recording apps such as Adobe Audition to actually see how one can easily record from the middle of a track or resume from a middle of a track instead of pressing space button and all goes from start. It's such an odd app that I'm really struggling to get used to after weeks of using it. Whilst it has a good purpose, it's really lacking some proper thought into how a user would navigate. Also, the iPad version of this app is just diaboilical...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 783.9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.