Garmin Connect™ is your one-stop source for health and fitness data. Whether you’re training for a race or tracking steps, it provides the information and inspiration you need to beat yesterday.
Once paired with a compatible(1) Garmin device, activity tracking is just the beginning of what Garmin Connect™ can do for you. You can create new workouts, build courses and even challenge your friends to compete, all within the app.
Garmin Connect™ is packed with useful features, including the ability to:
- View today’s health data in vivid detail on your personalized My Day page.
- Analyze your activities and their related statistics.(2)
- Create customized workouts and courses.
- Sync with other apps like Apple Health, MyFitnessPal and Strava.
- Review personal records for steps, distance and pace.
- Earn badges for accomplishments.
- See how you measure up to other Connect users with Insights.
- Get support for Garmin devices and their features.
Are you ready to join millions of users who walk, run, bike, hike and strive to beat yesterday? Learn more about Garmin devices and how they work with the Garmin Connect™ app at Garmin.com.
(1) See compatible devices at Garmin.com/BLE
(2) Activity tracking accuracy: Garmin.com/en-US/legal/atdisclaimer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Garmin Connect is constantly working to improve your experience and help you beat yesterday. This version includes bug fixes to improve device functionality.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but lacking some features
This is a great app but there are some very unfriendly things about it.
1. Type of activities - if you are into any team sport then forget it: Volleyball, basketball, etc not a thing in the app but hey if you are into sky diving, flying (?!) or even diving (6 types of diving activities are available) then you are covered.
2. Add details to the manual activity - well if you happen to do an activity than consumes a good amount of calories ( let’s say volleyball for example) you will have to scroll to 800+ values, why would you enter the number using the keyboard right?
3. import from Fitbit - you can only do the import for the whole day, not for an activity which you couldn’t use your Garmin for. So if I want to use Fitbit for an activity I’ll have to wear it the entire day...really? Can’t you just fill in the gaps with the Fitbit where the Garmin device happen to have no data?
I’ve seen plenty of posts in the forum for point 1 at least and it’s still no addressed. So great app but fells like the product isn't really taking input from the consumers.
Great app with gigantic untapped potential
I love this app and use it all the time. Other than the odd occasion, it usually syncs without any problem with my watch, then automatically uploads to Strava - all pretty effortless without me needing to do a thing.
There’s loads of stats and data. On the whole it’s pretty well presented and fairly intuitive to navigate, but I can’t help feeling it’s not quite up there with Strava and Polar Flow in this respect.
Also, there’s a few potentially important and very powerful tools which are hidden and not reaching their full potential. Courses is one of these - it’s hidden, a bit clunky, and has issues where you can’t add part of a course that isn’t a marked path/road or heatmapped. They should take a leaf out of Footpath’s book for this. Things like courses and suggested/popular routes could be huge and currently feels like an afterthought. Strava are making big strides in this area, but that requires a big subscription. If Garmin could produce something better and easier to use (and subsequently more popular), the fact that it comes free with a Garmin device would be a huge attraction for runners and cyclists. We all love Strava for its social features, and I don’t see Garmin ever competing here, but some extra focus on what Garmin does best (data, maps etc) could see this reach its full potential as the best app on the store.
Just gets better
Been using this app for a long time now, as a keen cyclist I have been using it for linking to my Garmin Edge and using the livetrack feature so my wife can keep tabs on where I am for many years. Early days there were issues with it losing connection and being a nightmare to get it to reconnect but this has gotten better over subsequent updates and now I have no issues. I use it to sync with a Fenix 6 and Edge 1030 and it gives me all the data You could wish for in an easy to read and well organised app. It supports a good range of activities although I admit I only use it for running, cycling and swimming, and tracks your activity over time to give you a wealth of fitness data so you can see how well you are doing and if you need to push a bit harder, take it easier or even stop completely for a week. Syncing with the devices, Garmin Connect website, Strava etc. is a breeze so you also have the option of using your own favourite platform but to be honest over the later incarnations of this app I have tended towards this and Garmin Connect and not so much Strava.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Garmin International
- 715.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2018 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.