Join the world’s largest treasure-hunting community with the official app for geocaching. Whether you are off to find your first geocache or your ten-thousandth, this app is your ultimate geocaching toolbox.
There are millions of clever containers called geocaches hidden in almost every country on Earth, just waiting to be found—there are probably even some near you right now. Just getting started? This app walks you through the adventure of finding your first few geocaches. There are tips, hints, and instructions for geocaching as well as using the app.
● See details with description, recent activity, attributes, and hints for each geocache
● Navigate to the cache using map, compass, or driving directions
● Live Search continuously updates nearby geocaches as you move
● Find all easy Traditional geocaches and geocaching events
● Message other players for tips, hints, and more
● Learn about trackables: geocaching game pieces that travel from geocache to geocache
● Adjust your navigation and distance settings to your personal preference
● Access to GeoTour caches of all cache types and D/T ratings
Search and Sorting:
● Search for GC codes, locations, landmarks, and neighborhoods
● Search for GeoTours by GT code or see a directory of all GeoTours worldwide
● Sort by distance
● Search for trackables
● Log trackables - grab, retrieve, drop, dip, or discover
● View your trackable inventory
● Log a geocache now or save as a draft for later
● Add photos to share your adventure
● Improve cache quality by reporting geocaches that need maintenance
Unlock even more adventure with Geocaching Premium:
● Find any geocache in the world, including Premium Member Only caches
● Filter geocaches by size, type, difficulty, terrain, and found/owned
● Sort lists of geocaches by distance, Favorite points, or geocache name
● Geocache anywhere, anytime with offline maps
● Take the road less traveled with Trails map
● Plan, add, or edit your next adventure with Lists
● Award Favorite points to geocaches you enjoy most
● Auto-sync Lists and Pocket Queries created on the Geocaching website
● Gain access to all Premium features on the Geocaching website
We are committed to building the best tools for geocachers to create, share, and play this game. By joining and maintaining your Premium membership, you are helping to shape the future of Geocaching. In addition to your support of the game, Premium members also get access to more features, more geocaches, and more adventure.
You can buy a Premium membership subscription through your iTunes account. Premium membership is available with a monthly or annual subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Coming soon: Challenge yourself to become the World Explorer! This release includes Wonders of the World, the latest Geocaching HQ souvenir challenge. Find geocaches to collect stamps to fill your passport! Download the latest version of the app by August 12, 2020 to start playing.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m obsessed !
When introduced to Geocaching roughly a year ago I took a look at the app and found myself a little confused so I dismissed it. Roughly 6 months later it was mentioned again and so I did my research and then downloaded the app again, after finding my first cache (with a packet of beetroot seeds!) I started to enjoy it! Everywhere I went I checked the app and snagged the caches nearby! Now I’m obsessed! I’m keeping fit by walking and collecting the caches as I go! I recommend it to anyone! A fun experience that keeps you fit and gets your brain working trying to work out hints and all! It’s absolutely fantastic! What an enjoyment!
I've been caching for years with 2700 finds, all made with the old paid Geocaching app. After a few months away from the hobby I came back to discover the old app disabled and this app as the replacement. Some things are better on the new app and some are better on the old app. But a few problems with the new app are really annoying me. The first is the maps - The old open cycle maps had red footpaths on a green background and showed contour lines. The new offline maps have yellow footpaths on a grey background which are basically impossible to see. We also lost the contour lines. The other problem is the zoom and direction of the map. When you get close to the cache the map won't let you zoom in for those last few metres – it constantly zooms back out again. And the option to have the map rotate in real time is not persistent so every time you do anything on the map the option is lost and it goes back to North at the top. Basically this makes following the map to the cache a total pain. The option to zoom so that the navigation path fills the screen has also been lost - that was the option I used the most on the old app. Please fix these problems!!!!! ☹️☹️☹️
It's ok to get you started but needs lots of improvements
I've not been geocaching for over 5 years and back then there was no app or I wasn't aware of one. However this app is good to get you started, I understand a lot of people's complaints regarding comparisons to the old app. I personally would like to see a more social media side to it, the ability to look at other peoples profiles, and see where they've been and what they've found. Also on the travel bug items wouldn't it be great if we could see on the map the route they'd taken? Lastly I do find it frustrating that throughout the app there's no links to different sections like when another user quotes a cache location you can't click on that information to take you to that listing
The app has updated and is more user friendly however there's still some features I'd like to see like accessing 'trackable' cache info from the phone app.
- Groundspeak Inc.
- 170.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Luxembourgish, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2020 Groundspeak, Inc. DBA Geocaching
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership £4.99
- Annual Premium Membership £24.99
- 3-month membership £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.