With Geometry Pad you can create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties, and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system.
The following tools are built into the application:
- Point, angle, line, ray, segment, perpendicular bisector, tangent, triangle, quadrilateral, polygon, regular polygon, arc, sector, circle, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola.
- Tools to create medians, altitudes and bisectors in a triangle.
- Tools to create special triangles and quadrilaterals: right, isosceles, equilateral, square, rectangle, parallelogram and rhombus.
- Two additional ways to create an ellipse: by center, end of a major axis, and a point on the ellipse; by focus points, and a point on the ellipse.
- Compass tool to plot arcs with an easily adjustable center and radius.
- Pencil tool to draw freehand annotations.
- Text annotations and labels with mixed-in metrics such as length, angle, perimeter, equation, etc.
- Transformation tools: rotation, reflection, enlargement, translation.
- Create lines and triangles with predefined parameters such as equation of a line, and angles or sides of a triangle.
- Insert images into the document.
Each shape has a set of customizable properties such as color, width, background, etc. Shape metrics are automatically calculated and presented along with shape properties. Some of them are editable such as point location, line length, circe radius, etc.
Snapping is deeply integrated into the application. Snap-to-grid and snap-to-objects allow for precise constructions. Additionally, lines can snap to parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. Snapping can be easily turned on/off in the quick snapping settings window.
Documents can be saved to your device, iCloud or to Dropbox. Export formats include PDF and image.
Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Just select Feedback under the app menu and write us an e-mail.
iOS 12 compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Waste of time
What a waste of time. The free app does not let you use the geometric shapes. Very misleading. Don't waste time downloading
Great app, easy to use and very intuitive - cost effective
I bough this app yesterday to help create a key diagram for my blog on Fibonacci series. I was able to use it to generate the old graphical method for finding the Golden Section within minutes of opening the app on my iPad.
I don’t understand some of the negative comments from early reviewers? I think this is a great app and look forward to it supporting my writing and illustrating in other maths-related work.
Great geometry app
This app is so clever and can do so much, really like the updates. Amazing that you can bisect angles, find the length of a line, etc and all so quickly. For creating triangles, quadrilaterals and lines this is the best app I have found, and great little touches make this worth having!
- Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- 37.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Pack £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.