Get Console is a powerful and complete terminal app that provides physical serial console access to network and other equipment as well as SSHv2, Telnet, Scripting, TFTP Server, full Logging, integration with Dropbox, iCloud and instant Screen Sharing. Please read below for Full information.
- Serial Connectivity: Use our Airconsole (Serial over Wifi or Bluetooth Low Energy), or Redpark L2-RJ45 and L2-RJ45V physical cables to provide direct Serial Console port access to supported equipment (Adapt L2-RJ45 Cable to DB9, DEX or DB25 with adaptors available at www.get-console.com)
- Full Terminal: Also provides Telnet and SSH(v2) terminal (over Wifi or 3G). VT100 emulation. Supports password authentication, generate or import SSH Keys easily via clipboard
- Multi Session: run concurrent Serial, SSH and Telnet sessions in tabs, and cut/paste between sessions. Each session runs independently and can be backgrounded.
Many Many Advanced Terminal Features:
- Powerful Scripting of terminal sessions allows for automation of many common terminal tasks, including auto-responding to terminal output and auto-upload of log files.
- Easily share your iPad/iPhones terminal window with remote web users to provide remote access to your console sessions - useful for remote support, teaching or for Disaster Recovery
- Connection Manager for organizing Serial / Telnet / SSH saved sessions which can be imported/exported via iTunes
- Free web based conversion utility to convert existing PuTTY and SecureCRT(r) saved connections into Get Console format.
- Fully configurable terminal settings including baud rate, parity, flow control, scroll buffer and column width
- Integrated Cut/Copy/Paste directly from terminal window and slide-out clipboard viewer
- Integrated TFTP Server for WIFI/3G upload and download of files
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- Rapid configuration of common configuration tasks via shortcuts (common command drop down) and pre-configured (and user changeable) shortcut buttons
- Free integrated cloud storage on get-console.com or Dropbox.com for log files and configuration scripts - integrates directly into your iPad or iPhone ready for pasting to console window
- full logging of terminal session to individual session files that can be attached to emails, downloaded via iTunes or uploaded to your own repository on the get-console.com website
***NOTE*** Serial Connectivity requires either our Airconsole Adaptor, or a supported Redpark cable to work - part code L2-RJ45V - purchase from www.get-console.com/shop or from redpark.com directly. Does NOT work with Redpark C2 or L2-DB9 cable. If DB9, Null Modem or DB-25 connectivity is required, use an adaptor also available from our website.
Bug fix that causes app to crash when examining logs.
Ratings and Reviews
Seems to work well. I had to re-install it on my iPad as initially it just froze on startup which was strange.
It could benefit from being updated to take advantage of the iPad Pro screen and Retina HD screen on the 6s Plus, rather than being scaled up from 10" iPad and 4" iPhone respectively.
Another feature that would be great to add is multitasking support on iPad.
I am a Cisco network engineer and use this app daily to configure routers and switches. It really is handy. I have used the remote console option too when technical support could not telnet to router so I let them in on console through my iPad. They were also impressed so it was extra brownie points for me getting the router back up and running.
Really good app great with the console cable. Could really do with tabs to open multiple telnet sessions pretty standard to have more than one router on the go at one time.
- Amix Capital Limited
- 29.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Korean, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Amix Capital 2011
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.