Recovery, Prevention, Support
Recovery | Prevention | Support
getUBetter provides local digital self-management support for all common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions such as back, back and leg, neck, knee or shoulder pain.
The app is free to patients and when you register you will receive content that has been configured by your local NHS clinical team. getUBetter helps patients trust their recovery, understand when and where to seek help if needed, as well as prevention and further episode management
What is getUBetter?
- getUBetter helps you manage new or recurrent muscle, bone and joint conditions.
- getUBetter works in partnership with your local NHS (and non-NHS providers)
- getUBetter has been co-designed with clinicians and users
How does it work?
- We provide personalised treatment to guide you through your recovery; day by day and 24/7
- We support you through:
o Triage (screening and monitoring your symptoms)
o Recovery (personalised and targeted content, day by day)
o Referral (we will refer you to local treatments and healthcare providers or services when appropriate)
o Rehab (we will connect you to your local rehab programs, when available)
o Prevention (when you are better, we support prevention and any new episodes)
- Treatment includes:
o Exercise videos
o Information, guidance and support
- We can also provide access, and refer you to local treatment, NHS healthcare providers and services; such as wellbeing, counselling and physiotherapy to further support your recovery.
Is it safe and secure?
- Designed and run by NHS physiotherapists and clinicians
- Backed up with the latest research and years of clinical experience
- Adheres to strict UK government code of conduct for data-driven healthcare and technology.
- Your privacy is important to us. Data we collect is only used to enhance your experience and never sold on to third parties. If we share data, it is with third parties to provide our “service”. This includes enabling you to book local treatment or services and “getUBetter” to update your health professional or refer you to a local treatment or service when necessary.
How can I get started?
1. Your local Healthcare Provider (e.g., GP practice, Physio or Occupational Health service) will prescribe the app to you for a specific problem such as lower back pain, neck pain or knee pain (sometimes more than one)
2. You can also self-refer from your healthcare provider’s website
3. Register using the email you provided to your healthcare provider
4. Once you’ve registered, you will be automatically linked to your local region and can begin your recovery, prevention and support journey.
“This app is brilliant, all the right messages. Will recommend to staff, patients and friends.” Clinical Lead Physiotherapist
“A rather clever app from getUBetter, giving patients a managed Back Pain recovery program” Backcare.org.uk
Please note: We aim to support you though your recovery journey. Our app is not a substitute for medical assessment or treatment and if at any point you have any concerns, please seek medical advice. This app requires access to the internet
Who is it for?
The app is suitable for:
• Any new, recurrent or on-going muscle or joint problem
• Patients over 18 years of age
• Patients requiring self-management support
• Patients who do need ongoing medical management
The app is not suitable for:
• Patients under 18 years of age
• People who require ongoing medical management
• People with worsening neurological symptoms (numbness, weakness, problems with bowel or bladder)
• People with a known diagnosis such as infection, rheumatological problems, neurological problems, cancer, kidney, fracture, pelvic organ pain.
• People with very severe, worsening symptoms
• Pregnancy related problems.
Improvement to user experience
Ratings and Reviews
GetUBetter for knee & ankle osteoarthritis
This is a good app with a good range of exercises. What brings it down is the very cumbersome entry into and exit out of all the exercise and video features. I realise that you need a good grounding and understanding to ensure you complete the exercises correctly and at the appropriate level but it just takes so long to view each one I lose the will. I’ve also found it somewhat glitchy. Some days it all works, others it just crashes.
So good but frustrating & I agree with other comments that it feels wrong not to actually see a physiotherapist at the outset for the diagnostic stage.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Here at getUBetter, we appreciate all feedback from our users to allows us to improve our services. We have forwarded your feedback to our app development team to look into.
In regards to not being able to see a physiotherapist, the purpose of the app is to provide you with the knowledge, confidence and skills to self manage. The app is designed to automatically connect you back to see a local NHS clinician (physiotherapist/doctor) when needed. Most conditions can be effectively and safely self managed without a diagnosis. Safety netting is important as discussed above.
If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
getUBetter Support Team
Found this really helpful sorted my shoulder out would definitely recommend !
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for reaching out to us as getUBetter and providing us with this feedback. We appreciate all our user feedback. Many thanks, getUBetter Support Team
Simple exercises to get better quicker
I used this app after a knee infury and it helped me get better faster and with more confidence. Very easy to use. Lots of helpful advice given in a really simple way so it’s easy to follow. Very helpful to see the exercises being done so it is easy to copy them and remember what the important things are!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GET U BETTER LTD
- 32.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © getUBetter LTD