Triage > Recovery > Referral > Rehab > Prevention
Recovery | Prevention | Support
getUBetter provides digital self-management to patients for all common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions such as back, back and leg, neck, knee or shoulder pain.
The app is free to patients and is configured to your local region. getUBetter helps patients trust their recovery, understand when and where to seek help if needed, as well as prevention and further episode management
What is getUBetter?
- getUBetter helps you manage new or recurrent muscle, bone and joint conditions.
- getUBetter works in partnership with your local NHS (and non-NHS providers)
- getUBetter has been co-designed with clinicians and users
How does it work?
- We provide personalised treatment to guide you through your recovery; day by day and 24/7
- We support you through:
o Triage (screening and monitoring your symptoms)
o Recovery (personalised and targeted content, day by day)
o Referral (we will refer you to local treatments and healthcare providers or services when appropriate)
o Rehab (we will connect you to local rehab programs, when available)
o Prevention (when you are better, we support prevention and any new episodes)
- Treatment includes:
o Exercise videos
o Information, guidance support
- We can also provide access, and refer you to, local treatment, NHS healthcare providers and services such as wellbeing counselling and physiotherapy to further support your recovery.
Is it safe and secure?
- Designed and run by NHS physiotherapists and clinicians
- Backed up with the latest research and years of clinical experience
- Adheres to strict UK implementation government code of conduct for data-driven healthcare and technology.
- Your privacy is important to us. Data we collect is only used to enhance your experience and never sold on to third parties. If we share data, it is with third parties to provide our “service”. This includes enabling you to book local treatment or services and “getUBetter” to update your health professional or refer you to a local treatment or service when necessary.
How can I get started?
1. Your local Healthcare Provider (e.g., GP practice, Physio or Occupational Health service) will prescribe the app to you for a specific problem such as lower back pain, neck pain or knee pain (sometimes more than one)
2. You can also self-refer from your healthcare provider’s website
3. Register using the email you provided to your healthcare provider
4. Once you’ve registered, you will be automatically linked to your local region and can begin your recovery, prevention and support journey.
“This app is brilliant, all the right messages. Will recommend to staff, patients and friends.” Clinical Lead Physiotherapist
“A rather clever app from getUBetter, giving patients a managed Back Pain recovery program” Backcare.org.uk
Please note: We aim to support you though your recovery journey. Our app is not a substitute for medical assessment or treatment and if at any point you have any concerns, please seek medical advice. This app requires access to the internet
Who is it for?
The app is suitable for:
• Any NEW or RECCURENT MSK conditions (within 12 weeks)
• Patients over 18 years of age
• Patients requiring self-management support
• Patients who do not need targeted Physiotherapy or ongoing medical management
The app is not suitable for:
• Patients under 18 years of age
• People who require targeting Physiotherapy or ongoing medical intervention
• People with worsening neurological symptoms (numbness, weakness, problems with bowel or bladder,
• People with a known diagnosis such as infection, rheumatological problems, neurological problems, cancer, kidney, fracture, pelvic organ pain.
• People with very severe, worsening symptoms
• Pregnancy related problems.
Improved condition screening
Improved booking of local services
Access your local rehabilitation programs
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic recovery system
Getubetter really helped with my recovery, especially on those days when I was unsure of how I should be feeling. The app has a timeline which you can refer back to, and has loads of helpful info about medication, activity and when/if you need to seek additional help. Thankfully I didn't! Now fully recovered and a lot wiser thanks to this app. Highly recommend, a different league to straight 'back exercise' apps and a lot more useful.
Don’t see the point of being given this app over the telephone by a physio attached to my Gp surgery as it specifically says it is to monitor recovery and not for diagnosis or treatment which I have not had other than by phone. This did not result in being given a diagnosis or exercises so how can I monitor my progress.
Not only that, with a shoulder injury, poking about on my phone screen is probably the last thing I need.
Really feels useless to my situation right now
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and sorry this feels useless to your situation right now.
The app can take you day-by-day though a recovery process including exercises, advice and support for a new or recurring shoulder problem. It is provided alongside your existing care (GP service). We do not diagnosis in the app, that is for the clinicians, but we do walk you though the physical, mental and social aspect of recovery.
If we can help in anyway, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be more than happy support you getting started or answer any questions you might have.
Was advised to use this app by gp surgery. When I filled it out told me I was week 4 to 8 and that most people were 100% better How I can be expected to be 100% better when I haven’t even started the exercises feels completely unachievable and left me feeling disheartened and a total failure with no hope of improving at all.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry you felt disheartened - that was not our intention but more to provide outline of the expectations. For those who are not 100% better the app is designed specifically to support your recovery.
Please contact us at email@example.com if we can help in anyway or you would like to discuss this further.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GET U BETTER LTD
- 70.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © getUBetter LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.