GIPHY Capture is the best way to create GIFs on your Mac. This free app is simple, powerful, and easy enough for pretty much anyone.
• Create your GIF with just a couple clicks.
• Click to start, click to stop!
• Capture GIFs up to 30 seconds long.
• *new* Capture live! Just click to grab the last 30 seconds of video.
• Super simple editing lets you get creative, fast.
• Pick which kind of loop you like best.
• Adjust the frame rate to your liking.
- Animated captions: add them, style them, animate them!
• Preview the file size of your GIF before saving.
QUICKLY SAVE & SHARE
• Email your friends your favorite videos as GIFs.
• Or just save it for later!
SIMPLE UPLOAD TO GIPHY
• Hold onto your favorite GIF creations forever.
• Easily access them whenever you want.
• Share your GIFs on Facebook, Tweet them to Twitter, or send them in Facebook Messenger.
Have any Questions? Comments? Issues? Visit GIPHY.com for more info or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Fixes for trimmer handle bugs.
See anything weird? E-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll help you out.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to be fixed - Otherwise, does what it says on the tin.
In the latest version of Mac OS you must go to -System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording- and manually allow Giphy capture to capture your screen, otherwise it simply doesn't work.
Devs need a fix to provie a warning.
Good but confusing
Great app - once you get used to it. It took me a while to work out how to save files because there are no Save or Export menu options, and I somehow didn;t notice the recordings appearing at the bottom of the window.. For anyone else who’s confused, your recordings appear at the bottom of the main app window and then you click on them to open the options and export dialog.
My biggest complaint is that there’s not much control over frame rate. A movie, even when exported as “Low” frame rate, is still pretty large. If I could lower the frame rate even more I’d have given it 5 stars.
User interface needs work. Literally the first time I've used it and I've run into problems:
1. Asks for screen recording permission as you start recording. Giving it permission then says the app will quit, but it doesn't and starts recording. Threw me a bit.
2. You can only record the main screen, it doesn't work with Spaces so you have to shrink windows.
3. When you've finished recording the preview of your recording shows BEHIND the recording window and you can't click it. If you close the recording window it quits the app so you need to shrink it minimise it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Giphy, Inc.
- 6.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2018 Giphy, Inc.