G2 Backup, G2 Remote Control, G2 Display and much more.
Developed in partnership with the very cool people at TheGigRig.com, GigRig MIDI+ is a powerful CoreMIDI compliant MIDI event capture, librarian, cue display and event replay utility.
- Capture MIDI events from hardware, network or from other apps (via virtual MIDI)
- Examine captured events in colour coded compact or detailed format
- Save and recall sequenced event buffers as Standard MIDI Files (.mid)
- Replay event buffers to user selectable MIDI interfaces
- Sysex data is supported; use as sysex librarian
- Define textual+emoji cues (manual or via MIDI learn) for MIDI events; patch names, song titles, lyrics.
- Monitor cues in real time using 'fullscreen' format;
(cue text displayed in large size when trigger MIDI message is received)
- Save and recall cue files
- Share MIDI and cue files via airdrop, email and other apps
- Runs in background to capture events from a foreground app or hardware
- Pre-configured for plug-n-play operation with TheGigRig.com's G2
Benefits for GigRig G2 owners:
- The 'G2 Remote' panel allows you to control your G2's functionality via the app.
- The cue file display allows you to use your IOS device as a remote display for the G2 using simple text and emoji characters. This can be programmed for each incoming midi message.
- Using a high quality opto-isolated USB MIDI cable (available from thegigrig.com) and your Apple USB camera connection kit; you can back up every G2 setting from all eight banks in under 30 seconds. Create a library of all your settings, giving you an almost infinite number of pedal board configurations, easily transferred between your iOS device and your G2.
- Record and playback MIDI files, foot press intervals, tap tempo and many diagnostic features.
See TheGigRig website for full details (click on the DOWNLOADS tab):
- http://www.thegigrig.co.uk for Europe
GigRig MIDI+ is built using the MidiBus library - http://midib.us
- MIDI in/out re-broadcast between enabled ports so multiple G2 units can inter-operate
- example emoji cue file bundled
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not entirely clear how to use this app
I connected my iPhone to the G2 with all the leads you need to get them talking to each other via MIDI but I can't work out how to back up my G2 onto my phone.
Excellent, if you have a G2 you need this App, you can even use your phone as a display for your G2. It’s packed with stuff.
If you don’t have a G2 you can switch it to non G2 mode and it is then the best mid analysis, player, recorder, filing system I have ever used. Love the different colors and the use of emojis to make serious an fun midi displays. Yes you can link full screen text and emojis to incoming midi.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.