GIPHY Capture is the best way to create GIFs on your Mac. This free app is simple, powerful, and easy enough for pretty much anyone.
• Create your GIF with just a couple clicks.
• Click to start, click to stop!
• Capture GIFs up to 30 seconds long.
• *new* Capture live! Just click to grab the last 30 seconds of video.
• Super simple editing lets you get creative, fast.
• Pick which kind of loop you like best.
• Adjust the frame rate to your liking.
- Animated captions: add them, style them, animate them!
• Preview the file size of your GIF before saving.
QUICKLY SAVE & SHARE
• Email your friends your favorite videos as GIFs.
• Or just save it for later!
SIMPLE UPLOAD TO GIPHY
• Hold onto your favorite GIF creations forever.
• Easily access them whenever you want.
• Share your GIFs on Facebook, Tweet them to Twitter, or send them in Facebook Messenger.
Have any Questions? Comments? Issues? Visit GIPHY.com for more info or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
This releases fixes a bug where some users may have had toruble uploading their GIFs to GIPHY.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but confusing
Great app - once you get used to it. It took me a while to work out how to save files because there are no Save or Export menu options, and I somehow didn;t notice the recordings appearing at the bottom of the window.. For anyone else who’s confused, your recordings appear at the bottom of the main app window and then you click on them to open the options and export dialog.
My biggest complaint is that there’s not much control over frame rate. A movie, even when exported as “Low” frame rate, is still pretty large. If I could lower the frame rate even more I’d have given it 5 stars.
Great Tool, very useful for quick demos. My only issue so far is the Save As screen seems to have a lower z index than the screen capture screen so I have to move it out the way all the time. A minor irritation for an otherwise very useful service
Wish I’d known about this utility sooner. It is excellent and provides all the functions I need for capturing and sharing screen interactions. My only niggle is that there is no guidance as to how to use it. It only took me a few moments to figure it out but, judging by other reviews, not everyone finds it intuitive.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.