Help give nature a home where you live with this brand new app from the RSPB: the UK’s largest nature conservation charity. Every week we’ll give you new activities, quizzes or information to help you create a wildlife paradise in your garden and learn about the creatures you’re helping. With activities to suit the largest of gardens and the smallest of balconies there’s something for everyone.
- We’ve got activities to help get the most out of your garden area, no matter what its size, type or location, or whatever wildlife you’re trying to attract.
- Each activity includes a full checklist of important items you’ll need, and step by step instructions of how to complete them.
- For many of the activities there are quick informative videos that you can stream, to help you build the best homes for nature.
- For those of you with little ones, there are family-friendly activities based around learning and engaging with nature.
- Test your knowledge of the natural world and the creatures that live in it.
- There are quizzes on a wide variety of animals including mammals, garden birds, reptiles, butterflies and moths - and there will be plenty more to come.
- Each quiz has a variety of different question types including multiple choice, slider questions and area selection questions.
Species fact files
- Increase your knowledge of the creatures you’re helping us look after.
- Each fact file looks at a different species.
- Find each species scientific name and the best time of year to see it.
- You’ll also find key features and images to help you identify them out in the wild.
- Watch out for special bonus facts about some species!
- Most fact files will give you direct links to activities so that you can help the species.
We’d love to know what you think of our app so we can improve it. Follow the ‘tell us what you think’ link in app to fill in our quick online survey.
This build is in line with the new iOS update.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really love the app, but feel they could add a map with all the RSPB sites, as this will encourage people to see the RSPB sites and could lead to more membership through engagement.
Adding a help button that enables feedback could also work to allow people to offer feedback on the app as a present I could find a way to report any bugs or improvements.
Please don’t see this as a criticism, just points that could help improve the app that already offers so much.
I love the work that the RSPB does and am a proud member.
Has everything you need to help wildlife thrive
Good but has a few annoyances
I downloaded the app so I wouldn’t have to keep going into the website for the list of activities to do in the garden. The app forces you into filtering the activities, and doesn’t give a view all option. There don’t appear to be all of the activities listed either, so a nice app but isn’t quite delivering everything it should/could
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- 96.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity: England and Wales no. 207076, Scotland no. SC037654
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.