Glitchbreaks is an iOS Universal manipulation tool for “Glitching” breakbeats. Manipulate beats to create new beats and record them.
● "Glitchbreaks is a sick sample loop glitching app with a groovy interface and nice instant touch control of real time audio. It's capable of seriously twisting sounds out, is one of the most modern audio apps I've seen yet and Ninjas will love it" -Ninja Tune Records
● GlitchBreaks is an addictively fun and very useful app that will appeal to electronic musicians in a variety of settings. it’s a serious tool for manipulating audio loops. - iosmusicandyou.com
● I've spent many hours playing with Glitch Breaks, cutting, and modulating my way to pure glitch bliss. It's unmistakable high quality, effortless interface makes it easy to forget the world outside and go full tilt boogie to your hearts content. -smitematter.com
Glitchbreaks uses four audio channels setup like mute groups. You can quickly switch between them to construct new beats, or manipulate loop points to “Cut” or “Glitch” the breaks.
Glitchbreaks can be used as a performance tool to juggle breaksbeats or destroy sounds at a granular level. You can make interesting effect-like-sounds by manipulating pitch, loop start, length, and cutting the beats with fluid responsive controls.
You can record your performance and bring it into iTunes through file sharing, or copy it out into another iOS application via Audio Copy and Paste. You pre determine the length of your recording by bars to easily make pieces to bring into a song without the need for further sample editing.
Auto-BPM detection will detect the tempo of a sample you copy into Glitchbreaks (you just need to specify the bars between 1-4). You can turn this feature off in order to manipulate audio that doesn’t have tempo, this is especially useful for manipulating voice samples.
Glitchbreaks contains a 4 channel mixer to adjust the levels of each sample, as you change the levels the sounds are combined into the mix, on the iPad version this is displayed graphically with a rendered waveform that is combined to give you an indication of what the entire sound looks like.
All of this is very easy to operate and even a beginner will be glitching and juggling breaks like a pro in minutes.
● 130 high quality factory beat loops
● Audiobus Support: Now you can stream live audio from Glitchbreaks directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps.
● Audio Copy and Paste and General Pasteboard support
● Full MIDI support, Virtual MIDI, MIDI Clock Sync In and Out, MIDI Learn
● 4 continuous looping channels with 4 channel mixer
● Dynamic Effects
● Auto-BPM detection / with on/off setting
● Set the BPM up to 2.9 times the original sample BPM
● Touchable Waveform Display with accurate position indicator
● Large Waveform view for iPad
● XY-Pad Loop Modulation (Loop Length, Loop Start)
● Cut Editor / Sequencer with 4 user save slots
● XY-Pads for selecting 4 Glitch or Cut styles
● Index Tracking keeps the beat on time
● Retrigger pads with quantize
● Pitch Shift
● Pitch Reset
● Independent time settings Whole, Half, Quarter
● Quantize for Cut and Glitch operations
● Recording to 44.1khz 16bit Wav files
● Set custom record length in bars
● Background Audio supports mixing with other apps
● iTunes File Sharing
● Mixer view with volume faders per channel.
● Master volume
● Universal app
● Supports the New iPad retina display / iPhone retina display
● Load sounds while playing without hitting stop
● Preset Loading and Saving
● Background Audio Tracks
● Snap to Index
System Requirements and Recommendations
Glitchbreaks requires iOS 8.1 or higher
It is recoomended to run Glitchbreaks on : iPad/iPhone4/iPod Touch 4th Gen higher.
Now can receive transport start and stop even if you are not receiving MIDI Clock
Fixed a bug where Cut offsets were not being saved or applied correctly.
Fixed a bug with MIDI Clock Receive that could cause a crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sorry about my previous review, I was wrong about this app. I've started using this again, and I fully 'get it' now. It's great. Maybe a little specialist, but great. 5 stars.
There's nothing technically wrong with it, simple enough and a good interface. It just doesn't really do much except stutter edit drum loops (one at a time). You can't play the 4 loops simultaneously, so it's not much use to me. It's a bit misleading, and I'll never use it beyond the 10 minutes I just wasted trying to get it to do anything in time, or musical. Feel cheated, but that's life.
THANK YOU FOR THIS IOS HIDDEN GEM!!!
(Audiobus not working iPhone 5 latest os, but I'm sure it will be fixed soon)This is an amazing tool for mangling breaks (and other audio), import even allows me to vastly alter synth drum loops I've made myself in apps such as seekbeats / elastic drums (and field recordings I've manipulated into loops in other apps), this is a highly expressive audio manipulation tool that allows me to be very creative, nothing like this exists on the iPhone, this is literally God sent, THANK YOU TO THE DEVELOPER !!!
Amazing implementation of concept...
Crazy app for glitching breaks and vocals. Would request same features as Matt minus maybe midi sync as I only use iPod and don't connect devices up to it. Compliments iOS DAWs such as Nanostudio beautifully! Very minor bugs which are already about to be fixed in next update. Nice work Distraub. Given me some more creative ideas i'd normally reserve for big desktop DAWs that I can now apply to mobile instead and work on the fly.
- Alexander Matheu
- 66.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Alex Matheu
- In-App Purchases
- BreakLoops Volume 1 £1.99
- BreakLoops Volume 2 £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.