The official app for Heart, Capital, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Classic FM, Capital XTRA, Capital Dance and Gold.
Your favourite radio stations, podcasts, videos and playlists in one entertainment destination, all for free, available worldwide. What you get:
• Listen live to any of Global's radio stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Capital XTRA Reloaded, Capital Dance, Classic FM, Gold, Heart, Heart 70s, Heart 80s, Heart 90s, Heart 00s, Heart Dance, LBC, LBC News, Smooth, Smooth Chill, Smooth Country, and Radio X
• Your personal homepage. Set your favourite radio stations, continue listening to podcasts or catch up on anything you’ve missed. Get personalised recommendations for podcasts and playlists, plus we’ve got all the latest news for you and much, much more…
• Take Control: Skip and rewind live radio. Listen live to Global’s radio brands or jump back to your favourite song. Never miss a second of a presenters’ best moments by tapping the play bar and taking control. You can also listen to the music you want with the ability to skip* any songs you’re not loving – there’s no limit. Plus like and dislike tracks to get more of what you love. Just swipe away to customise your radio experience.
• Catch Up: Your favourite shows from the last seven days are available to listen back to or you can download them – great for offline listening when you’re on the move.
• Podcasts - Discover and download the most popular podcasts from around the world, or dive into our expertly curated collections.
• Live Playlists - We’ve got music for your every mood covered. From editor’s picks to artist takeovers, the biggest hits of the year to that perfect playlist for focus and relaxation.
• Video - Watch the best content from all of Global’s brands. Full episodes from some of our chart-topping podcasts, interviews with everyone from the world’s biggest musicians to politicians and a-list actors – we’ve got it all covered.
Global Player, for every you.
*Currently only available in the UK.
This release contains minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Just a couple niggles…
Easy to use, simple to switch stations and find what you want. I use this 90% of the time for live radio, and otherwise for catchup.
A couple things… it would be nice to have a volume slider built into the player; currently have to either use the volume buttons or the volume slider in Control Centre
In CarPlay, there doesn’t seem to be a way to access catchup or downloaded catchup from the CarPlay UI. You can start it from Global Player on the iPhone, and then control playback on CarPlay, but if you switch to playing anything else, or the app crashes, it doesn't seem possible to start it without first playing it on the iPhone again.
One more thing, it would be good to utilise the space on the iPad screen more. It feels like a blown up iPhone app, so functionally there’s no issues, but for example, if you could show what’s currently playing with playback control, whilst also being able to see what’s on other stations and browse the app might be useful.
Where is the ‘Settings’ button?
I didn’t want to write a review before contacting the developers first and letting them know the issues I’m having with the app. Unfortunately, tapping the ‘developers website’ button in the App Store takes you to the Global Player app. On the app I cannot find any ‘Settings’ or ‘Contact Us’ button. Therefore, I have to write a review to get in touch with them. I’ve downloaded the app a few minutes ago but had to give it 2 stars because the app has no ‘Settings’ or ‘Contact Us’ button, as far as I can see. The reason this is so frustrating is because I cannot change the podcasts to ‘Listen to earliest first’ as you can on the iPhone Podcasts app. I only downloaded this app to listen to ‘Hunting Ghislaine: The Trial.’ I was looking forward to listening to all of the series and finding out at the end if she is guilty or not. I press play and the host reveals straight away the verdict because it starts with the last podcast of the series! FFS! Firstly, this setting drives me up the wall. If you’re going to choose one setting, make it the one that starts a series at the beginning. It’s not rocket science! Secondly, have a clear settings button where users can choose how they want the podcast to be played.
Radio app with ill thought out podcast section.
While Global have a number of great podcasts on its books the app you get to browse and listen to them needs work. Simple things like the ability to search within a podcast is missing, so you find the pod you’re looking for but there’s one episode you have to listen to, but wait! There’s 200 episodes, I’ll need to do a search, errr no, you’ll have to scroll down and look for it manually.
I’d like my library to be that, the selection of pods I decided to download but no you can’t have that, you get the full show and a symbol at the side telling you if you’ve downloaded it or not, again not great if you’ve got a pod with loads of episodes.
Essentially this is a radio app with a podcast section added to it with little thought for the user. It is a shame because Global are developing a great range of podcasts, it’s just a shame it makes it difficult for the user to navigate them. I often find myself slipping back to the Apple podcast app for this reason.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and ideas as we are always looking at ways to improve user experience. If you would like to speak to us, please email email@example.com. Thank you.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Global Media & Entertainment Limited
- 166.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Global radio