Use the Go North East app to plan your next journey and buy cheap bus tickets. Designed to make bus travel easier, it will work out how to get to your destination, show you where the nearest bus stop is and the departure time of the next bus. You can buy and store your bus tickets in the app and use them straight away.
• Smart journey planning – Add your start and end points, it will work from postcodes, bus stop names or place names and return the best route. Or it can detect where you are and plan from there, providing you with live arrival times.
• Buy cheap bus tickets – Purchase bus tickets with ease and choose how you want to pay.
• Live directions – The map will default to your current location or you can set it to show any starting point. Know how long you need to walk to your bus stop. Get step by step directions with live guidance as you travel on the map. View the arrival time of your bus and see buses moving along the route.
• Live bus times – Use your location or tap on a bus stop on the map and see the next bus arrival time.
We have a new app! In this version
− We have added instructions on how to download the new Go North East app
You will need to download the new app to continue buying tickets. If you have an active ticket you can use the remainder of it on this app, then download the new app and have any remaining tickets transferred over by getting in touch with our Customer Services Team - gonortheast.co.uk/contact-us
This app will not be supported as of 1st June 2021, so please install the new app by then.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t plan future journeys
So if I’m going somewhere new or travelling on more than one bus I like to plan my journey a day or so in advance but you change the time of arrival and/or date and all you get is real time information...
Other than that I love the app and would have awarded 5 🌟
Just one problem...
And that problem is that you can’t get your ticket on more than one device. Not useful if you have to download the app on another device (because the usual device has a battery that doesn’t work anymore) to try and salvage your ticket for work the next day! Other than that, nice enough and does the job.
Real Time information is often wrong
Some of the time the real time information is correct however recently I’ve missed numerous busses due to the information being wrong, looking on the map that shows all busses shows it has long been past the stop but the live stop information claims it is still due to arrive in however minutes despite the fact it passed the stop long ago
Developer Response ,
Hi, that certainly doesn't sound like it's working as it should, if you could please contact us at the below link with any examples of timed services where this has happened we'll be able to look into this further. https://help.gonortheast.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360008104619-How-to-get-in-touch
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- THE GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC
- 29.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © THE GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.