This app reads virtual CSCS smartcards and other compatible skills cards, including data held in www.skillsight.co.uk.
Virtual smartcards are cards that are stored on a smartphone or tablet using an app called Vircarda.
Go Smart is a handy app that allows you to check a cardholder’s details using iPhones or iPads.
Your device reads information directly from a secure, short-life QR Code and displays an image of the smartcard on your screen, along with all the data that is held on the card.
Reading a card electronically not only reduces the possibility of card fraud, but also makes capturing and storing smartcard details much quicker and more efficient.
This app works online, accessing the most up-to-date information, as well as offline. So, if you can’t get a phone signal, you can still read basic details from the QR Code that proves the virtual smartcard is genuine.
It is easy to use:
• Open the app;
• Touch the 'SCAN A QR CODE' button;
• Read the QR code (from approx. 10cm away);
• An image of the card appears;
• Touch the card image to view the back of the card;
• Touch the Core Data tab to view qualifications;
• Repeat this process to read more virtual smartcards.
Additional functionality and settings accessed via the drop-down menu are:
• List cards - shows all the cards you have read;
• Sort – by date, name or expiry date;
• Filter – by today, last 3 days, last week, last month and all cards;
• Delete – remove entries;
• Export Swipes – select an export file format (XML or CSV) and upload this to your iCloud drive;
• Sync Card – check for any updates to the card;
• Save Images – save an image of the smartcard (front and back) into your pictures folder.
The "Qualification" tab now includes categories.
Minor bug fixes and UI updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Need to be updated
App should be update to allow for contactless for iPhone as this is a critical tool to have on site.
Developer Response ,
Apple have locked down the NFC technology in their products for third parties which means Go Smart is currently not able to read the chips in the physical cards. The iOS version of Go Smart is, at the moment, for the reading of virtual cards only. Could you send us more details about what is or isn't happening and what device you are using to email@example.com. Thanks
Problem with I phone
Not working on I phone 8 does not read card 😩😩😩😩
No good with any iPhone
So sad ; three guys stayed on site for two days until cards found invalid!!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.