GoCodeEditor is a Code Editor optimized for fast opening and editing local and remote files (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, FTP, SFTP/SSH) on your iOS Device.
• Sublime like Code-Editor!
• Universal App (use it on your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch)
• iPhone X (s/s Max) support
• Full iPad Pro support (including smart keyboard support, shortcuts, split-screen multitasking)
• NEW! Multi-caret Editing
• NEW! Siri Shortcuts
- create newfile / start shell / connect to shell / preview
- more soon...
• Drag & Drop Support
- Support for Drag & Drop files from the Files App
- Support for Drag & Drop files / repos and folders from Working Copy App
- Support for Dragging local files from GoCoEdit to other Apps
• Compatible with Apple Watch
Start a ssh-shell from your wrist right now!
Run your self defined scripts with one tap.
• Extra keybar with swipe functions and trackball to precisely move the cursor and select text
• Syntax highlighting
for many coding languages like:
• Some comfort features: code folding, code hinting, auto indent, auto close brackets, line wrapping, smart indent, tag and bracket matching, find by regular expression, replace, replace all, symbolic/function search for many syntax modes
• Quick CMD-mode (keep your hands on the On-Screen-Keyboard)
- p.e. press cmd+c, cmd+v to copy and paste selected text
- over 15 shortcuts supported
• Different themes ( include solarized, monokai and many more ) and font-sizes
• Import / export / open files from icloud drive and other file providers
• Open entire folders or repositories from the Git client Working Copy or the Files App using the iOS document picker
- Custom Syntax Modes -- create your own Syntax highlighting modes
now you can write own modes and use it for your own file types
- Custom Themes -- create your own editor themes
- Snippets -- use short fragments of text again and again
( with filed and placeholders support )
( in iPad version resizeable for preview iPad or iPhone layouts )
• Markdown Preview & HTML Export
• Connect to your servers via SFTP, FTP, DRIVE, ONEDRIVE or DROPBOX
NEW! with OneDrive 365 and OneDrive for Business support
• NEW! File has changed detection
( GCE is now able to detect external file changes on local and remote files )
• Upload and Download files/folders or edit files directly on your server/dropbox/drive/onedrive without download
• Very fast reconnect and recover of open files after restart
• Edit your files directly on your server without download.
• Integrated Shell (ssh) to perform background tasks like a Grunt, Gulp, npm or another shell job
( type direct or define scripts and run it with a single tap )
• Supporting iOS10, iOS11 features like textselection by cursor, Splitview, Slide-Over and Drag & Drop
• 3D Touch support
- Show/move cursor by 3D touch the keyboard
- Quick Actions (new file, start shell, connect shell to last server, show preview of last file)
• External/Bluetooth keyboard support
( all iOS shot-cut keys are supported + lots of shortcuts available )
If you want to support the project and increase the development speed become a patreon.
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 15.3.x • • •
• fixed GCE not launching in the next iOS Versions
• reImproved list rendering
• UTF-16 / UTF-32 support
• some bug and UI fixes
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 15.2.x • • •
• Dismiss keyboard in landscape button added
• fixed an issue with iOS 12.2
• Support for more SSH-Keys (incl. ed25519)
• Updated libraries
• Smaller bugfixes
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 15.x • • •
• NEW! OneDrive for Office 365 and Business support is here
• NEW! Code-Folding for many languages added (optional)
• NEW! shortcut for creating a folder in the filelist (CMD + shift + n)
• Disable Extra-Keybar option added
• Perfomance optimizations
• Code-Folding shortcuts added (CMD + [ or ])
• Comment shortcut for YAML mode added
• Preview for external mounted files added (mounted folders via "Open From..." only)
• Import external files/folders by dropping it to the filelist
• Overscrolling added
• Improved start-up time
• Improved background memory usage
• Improved cursor movement/auto scrolling
• Many smaller bugfixes and improvements
Any improvement ideas or issues? Please, drop me a mail. (email@example.com)
If you like GoCoEdit please leave a short review on the AppStore or support the project on Patron.
Thank you for reading :)
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant text editing app
This app is amazing. It really does so much and it does it in excellent ways. The way it keeps files open from your server and gives you easy access to them when you reload the app is brilliant; the layout, styling and design are great, the themes are gorgeous and the usability is excellent.
I've not even learned half of what this app has to offer, but it's already become my core coding app.
The app is really well-designed. The developer has put a LOT of thought into it, and you can "feel" the modern, intelligent approach the developer used to make the app.
I had an issue with text selection, but the developers issued an update really quickly which has completely solved the problem.
This app is worth every penny. Even with the small issue I raised above, I have no hesitation in recommending that you buy it.
This app just made me leave other editors, and made me to start moan about other apps's interfaces. The mouse-like keyboard cursor control, now with Files functionality , your custom snippets , all of this are advantageous over other apps. Your PC interaction time will significantly reduce after stating using ftp options.
Just keeps on getting better
As a developer I can happily state that this is the best app on the app store. I have tried Coda, Textastic and others and this is hands-down the best.
The file picker is easy and the context highlighting works well. Love it!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.