GOODNOTES 5 IS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE APP STORE
A modern version of GoodNotes, including lots of new features and improvements:
* FLEXIBLE SCROLLING: choose between horizontal and vertical page scrolling
* FOLDERS: create infinite levels of folders and subfolders
* GLOBAL SEARCH: search and find everything. From handwritten notes, typed text, to document and folder titles. Across your whole library.
* improved ink algorithm
* new pen tool style: BRUSH PEN for artistic sketches and notes
* NEW SHAPE TOOL with color fill and multi-line shape recognition
* QUICKNOTES: a faster way to create new notes
* a whole NEW TEMPLATE LIBRARY with beautiful covers and paper templates
* ... and much more
Install the latest update of GoodNotes 4 to easily copy all documents to the new version.
FREE/DISCOUNTED UPGRADE available with the "GoodNotes 5 Upgrade Bundle":
If you paid the full price for GoodNotes 4, you can download the new app for free by using "Complete My Bundle" on the GoodNotes 5 Upgrade Bundle. If you paid less then the full price for GoodNotes 4, you will only need to pay the price difference.
GoodNotes 4 will remain on the App Store and will receive support and minor updates for an extended period of time.
Ratings and Reviews
Nearly very good
An easy interface and virtually no lag from the pen when writing. It’s also a simple process to email pages as a pdf.
My biggest frustration is with the conversion-to-text facility when using handwriting. You can only convert one page at a time by lasso-ing a page and then converting it so if you have a multi page document, it’s a long and frustrating process. There should be a way to select the whole document and convert it all in one go.
Other than that, it’s an easy to use handwriting tool. Maybe not so versatile for coloured graphical work and it doesn’t learn your handwriting style like some other apps but it’s more natural, allowing you to write on a full page instead of in a small box.
Needs more to be truly great.
Needs more to make it truly great.
I love taking notes, so I was really excited to buy this. But it is missing so many simple functions that other note taking apps have as standard.
1. Lock functions: I’d love to be able to lock the note books that contain sensitive information.
2. A colour pallet function that allows you to save colours that you love to use, instead of having to constantly renter the codes for them.
3. Fonts - the ability to import your own fonts.
4. The use of different styles of pens and pencils. Sometimes I want my books to look for sketchy and want to use a pencil. Sometimes I want a calligraphy pen. This would be so useful and helpful.
5. Easier function to import pictures to make your own covers, or better cover designs.
6. The page function is really good right now, but some of my pages are cream and some white, and it’s actually a bit annoying
7. Just easier to customise your own notebook to really make it feel personal and like yours.
I feel like I’ve paid good money but don’t have what I would class as the basics. I maybe wrong and it may just be me but. All the above would make me recommend this app to friends. Download it to other devices and give it 5*.
So far, seems okay
So I finally decided to download good notes after hearing good things on it. After owning notability I wanted an app that will support tabs, highlight texted that stands out and handwriting to text.
However, there are something’s that are there that is really annoying. I like to use the zoom feature as I do not own a Apple Pencil, so I use a stylus I bought online so accuracy is a problem and I use the zoom feature to deal with that.
1. Writing in zoom is not in sync with the paper. I join my letters so my words pop up after I have finished writing, if it was syncing ‘live’ to the main paper, it would give me an overall idea as to how my notes will look and not after every word. (It makes it seem as if there is a lag)
2. When using the zoom feature, when I have reached the end of the page it skips a couple of lines when trying to write on the next page. I have to manually scroll back up.
It may seem small but for me the zoom feature is important to make sure my notes look neat. If this can be fixed it would be great. Thanks
Developer Response ,
thanks for taking the time to submit your rating and review.
1) Would you mind sharing a screen recording with us to email@example.com? It seems odd because the words should appear on the page at the same time as you're writing them into the Zoom Window.
2) You might need to set the Zoom Window return height to a different height. This is necessary for custom templates. https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/202167795-The-zoom-window-does-not-work-properly-with-my-own-template-
We really appreciate that you took the time to write this review. Our support will do their best to help you with your problem and we would be very happy if you could adapt your rating after we have successfully solved the issue you were reporting. Thanks a lot in advance!
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 222.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2016 Time Base Technology Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.