Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s 'Starry Night' looks like up close? Or the difference between modern and contemporary art? Would you like to wander around a museum halfway across the world?
With Google Arts & Culture you can visit top exhibits, zoom in on artworks in mind-blowing detail and browse thousands of stories, photos, videos, and manuscripts. Be your own curator by finding your favourites, creating your own collections and sharing them with friends. Travel anywhere with tours of iconic sites, famous buildings and natural wonders, on your screen or in VR. Learn something new every day.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 museums, galleries and institutions in 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online. Start exploring, now.
• Zoom views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
• Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
• Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
• Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
• Personal collection – Save your favourite artworks and share your collections with friends and students
• Nearby – Find museums and cultural events around you
• Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
• Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
• Art Recogniser – When visiting a museum you can now point your device camera at artworks to learn more about them, even when offline (at select museums)
• Notifications – Subscribe to receive updates about the top arts & culture stories
• Translate – Use the translate button to read exhibits from around the world in your language
• Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
• Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
• Cast artworks on your TV and zoom in to brushstroke-level detail
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really great but...
That little “Google Arts and Culture” banner that always comes down annoys the life out of me. I understand why you would have it there, but its presence stops me from becoming absorbed in a painting. The art should come before your self promo! Like get that moneyyyyyy bish but don’t interfere with the Hopper. Also I would like to see more work from artists such as Bacon, or Freud, or Wyeth, but there’s a lot of other artists on there already and I’m having fun looking at different people’s work, so it’s not a massive issue
A visual treat that continues to surprise me
I got this app on a whim, expecting to ditch it after a couple of days. But I keep coming back because it shows me such a wide range of creative items. Visuals are intelligently laid out, and you can go deeper and see more info and photos on any given topic with simply a click or swipe.
Smooth to use and well designed. I’m hooked!
Interesting but malfunctioning
Like other people I downloaded looking for the find your portrait feature which doesn't seem to be available in the UK... but to be fair it's not advertised on the official app description. Plus the rest of the app still looks interesting so I don't mind having installed it. the bigger problem is that it is very very buggy. Things fail or take a long time to load, the search bar malfunctions so I can't see what I'm typing etc - surprised at this from a google product. Hopefully an update will arrive soon?
- Google LLC
- 115.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.