Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
The best photo product on Earth – The Verge
Google Photos is your new essential picture app – Wired
Upload the pictures and let Google Photos do the rest – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets that you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos that you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We made the Assistant tab load faster.
Ratings and Reviews
I would of had to upgrade my iCloud space because I had taken loads of photos on my recent holiday. Then my mum introduced me to Google Photos which gives you UNLIMITED space!! Now I feel so free to snap whatever whenever. And guess what it is free!! This is literally my favourite app. Plus it occasionally makes movies edits photos an now all my friends crave ‘my camera’ ( I haven’t told them that it was Google Photos yet 🤣 ). It is a must have if you are going on vacation ( well holiday as we say in England ) and also just going about daily life. And it deletes the photos of your phone and keeps them safe on the app. GET IT!!! No question 😄. The only con would be that sometimes it edits the photos without you knowing, sometimes I like it and sometimes I don’t but they do it quite randomly which isn’t fun. It doesn’t even ask it just does it so on the ones I want to edit I have to do it myself which is a shame as it can do it by itself. If it could have an overall edit button where you just click on it and the tap all the photos then that would really please me. I still give this a 5/5 though because the rest of the app is so good that their minor con is nothing of great importance to me. It is a great 👍🏾 app which I recommend you get
Best free service from Google, yet.
I have been using it since it started. It is the best of all the services available around and it doesn’t just make you believe to be free, it is totally free if you are happy with a smaller size file. Bigger files you can leave on your hard disk and in the event if loss of data in your storing hardware, at least you have something to go back to.
Only extra I would have preferred to have is to search facility when you want to add one or a few photos to an album!! You have to manually scroll to all these albums to find it!! Otherwise, it is easy to find ably album unless you want to add!!
I strongly recommend it and I have stopped saving in a few other sites where you are told it is free and then very quickly you are reminded that you ought to buy space !!
Thank you Google.
Perfect App Except For A Few Issues
I love this app far more than Flickr and Google Photos has improved since the last time I used it, so that’s good. Glad to see all my photos don’t take up space and the only problem I have is that if you upload large high quality HD photos that were taken using a Nikon D3300 DSLR or another equivalent DSLR of sorts, Google Photos doesn’t let you save them in their original quality. Well, it does but it basically says your storage is full. Would love to see support for high quality photos that are part of the unlimited storage, that would mean that I won’t need to use Flickr anymore as a result of a better more efficient service. That’s the only thing that’s letting Google Photos down. Sadly. Apart from that, I’ve had no issues with Google Photos except for the occasional odd glitch and that some photos don’t back up correctly and dates don’t appear correct in photos. Those are the only things that this app needs improving on, then I’ll definitely give you guys a full knock out 5/5 rating, for sure. So far you get 4 stars from me, as for Flickr, I would probably give them 2 stars. They deserve it.
- Google LLC
- 293.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB Month £1.79
- 200 GB Month £2.79
- 100 GB Annual £18.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.