Get fast access to Google Search with the new Google home screen widget built for iOS 14. The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen with the new Google widget built for iOS 14. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
• Google Lens — Search with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• Voice Search — Search conveniently and quickly using your voice, no typing needed.
• Incognito — Search in Incognito mode whenever you want. It’s always a tap away from the homescreen.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Just tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
Something that has griped me for many months now is that if you put some text in the search bar, then use reachability (using a ‘Max’ version of the iPhone it’s so that you can reach the top of the screen more comfortably) the text that you typed completely disappears and leaves you to have to re type it.
This is so uncomfortable especially if you have made a mistake, use reachabilty to fix the mistake but then seeing your text cleared… it makes your blood boil!
I’m not sure.
I'd like to say that Google is a great, amazing app to browse in and search for advice; however, it's not very safe. It’s not safe because it shows all your recent searches, shows leaked stuff people have added and it doesn't let you delete personal stuff about you. Here is one of my issues on google, I've made accounts on social media and they are all on the public. Strangely, but stupidly, I've got the accounts to be on Google. I tried everything to get rid of it; but, nothing has worked. I've searched online about it and all that comes up is ‘use webmaster’ or ‘contact google’. The problem with this is that I have no clue how to contact google and when I use webmaster it asks for a URL, I gave them the URL and it non stops asking to redo. If this has ever happened to you please reply (if possible) and tell me how, Thank you.
Used to love it
I used to love this app, now I don’t. I don’t like the new tabs feature, and I don’t like how the theme is set to your phones dark or light mode. There are some apps I like in dark mode and some I like in light mode and I don’t like nothing able to choose which I use. I can change it in the gmail app, why can’t I change it in this?
Edit:since writing this review, nothing has changed with the google app. The gmail app however forced dark or light theme so that has been deleted and replaced with Spark. The google app however seems to have shrank the back bottom on the bottom left of the screen, and the home button. I can’t press these buttons anymore. It’s extremely annoying. Please let someone with fingers bigger than a 4 year olds do some testing on your apps.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 275.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.