The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts and reviews
• Flights and hotels
• Videos and images
• News, shares information and more
• Anything that you’d find on the web
Get personalised updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies and events
• Know as soon as your favourite artists release new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, straight from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Google Lens — Search what you see with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• iMessage extension – Search and share restaurants, GIFs and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension – While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content – no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard – access Google Search, straight from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emojis and more – straight from your keyboard, in any app. Tap 'Gboard' in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget – find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to provide a better search experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Overall good app but the built-in Gboard has issues
I cannot use the built-in Gboard with the following 3 languages added at a time: English, Romanian and Russian. Whichever was the first one added - you cannot longer use it (for example: first added language - English.. then you add Russian and Romanian. "When you tap the globe on the keyboard it switches to RU another tap - RO one more tap - still RO another tap RU" and so on)
Temporary solution: Un-personalised Gboard - download their separate Gboard app from app store.
The downside: you can't log in with your Google account to sync everything Google keyboard have learned from you and all the devices you used.
Needs return of axed feature....
I enjoy using the Google app for accessing my news feed on my iPhone 6S Plus handset but Google has removed its best feature - being able to directly share a Newsfeed item using the hotdog rather than having to go INTO the article and sharing it from within the article.
More often than not, we hear news throughout the day so we are aware of Newsfeed content simply by reading the headline on the feed, so there is no real need to re-read content to be able to share an article directly from the feed.
Please, please, PLEASE Google, restore the share from hotdog feature in the next update to the Google app because it is so badly missed and its removal does NOTHING to enhance the appeal of the app whatsoever IMHO.
Good search but news feed is rubbish
I use google as my search engine but on my iPhone I just deleted this app because I can’t find a way to unfollow brands in news feed. I don’t want to see stories from daily mail and mirror. I googled how to customise and all the advice suggests to unfollow brand but this isn’t option, all you can do is hide a single story. I hid them for a while thinking it may learn my behaviour and hide them all, but it didn’t. If they’re going to shove news I. Your face for using their app fine, but you should be able to choose what news to see. I think it’s rubbish, which is British for ridiculously bad. I’ll just use google within safari.
- Google LLC
- 235 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.