"gopher n. 1. Any of various short tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Geomyidae, of North America. 2. (Amer. colloq.) Native or inhabitant of Minnesota: the Gopher State. 3. (Amer. colloq.) One who runs errands, does odd-jobs, fetches or delivers documents for office staff. 4. (computer tech.) software following a simple protocol for burrowing through a TCP/IP internet."
- From RFC 1436 describing Gopher
Way back in the early 1990's, Gopher was a major part of the internet. Over the years it has waned, but there are still quite a few Gopher servers running.
This is is a modern Gopher browser for iOS. Built from the ground up, it lets you access the wealth of data available via Gopher from your favorite devices.
What this offers:
- Clean, browser style user interface
- Access to Gopher servers
- Supports text files, images, directories
- Opens WWW links in Safari
- Supports Veronica-2, Contrition, and other search systems for searching the Gopherspace
- Adjustable text size & optional "reflow" of text documents for improved readability
- This does not support binary files other than images
- This does not support the non-standard Gopher+ extensions, or CSO selectors
This is a small update that improves the display of menus that contain non-standard document types.
Ratings and Reviews
- Charles Childers
- 1.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 - 2018, Charles Childers
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.