GPX Tracker is a simple to use but powerful tool that helps you to track your ways. If you drive a car, biking or even outdoor on a walking or hiking tour, GPX Tracker will be tracing your geo data.
Once developed as a creator for XCode compatible GPX formatted files, the feature list is growing but it is still as simple to use.
GPX Tracker has a simple configuration interface.
* Distance Filter - specifies the minimum distance between two way points in meters.
* Auto Stop - If you ever forget to turn off the recorder, don't mind. GPX Tracker figures out whenever you stop traveling and stops tracing your trip to save energy.
* Reminder - If this feature is turned on, you will receive a message whenever you stop by for a few minutes to remind you on stopping the track tracing.
The main screen has a start/stop button. Simply press this button once for tracing a new trip and a second time whenever you want to stop recording data.
On the top of the screen, you will see the traveled miles or kilometers depending on your locale system configuration.
With the menu bar item on the right side you can choose different user tracking modes for the maps.
The Tracks screen provides a list of tracks recorded. The will show the date and time of recording, the duration of the trip and its distance.
If you tap on one of the trips, it will be displayed on a map. From there on, you can press the menu bar item on the right side to choose an export format and send the generated
file by email.
Back in the Tracks screen, you can easily delete a recorded track by swiping the desired item from the right to the left.
Track Export Formats
There are two output formats available.
* XCode compatible "wpt"-tag based GPX files. This format can be used for the iOS Simulator by added the generated gpx file to an XCode iOS Project.
* Common GPX "trk"-tag based format. The track will consist of a collection of "trkpt" tags within a "trk" element. This format should be fine for any application that processes gpx tracks.
GPX Tracker is free but ad supported.
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. GPS will be stopped automatically, as soon as you stop recording a track.
Added the support for Garmin BaseCamp. To export your data for Garmin Basecamp, turn on the switch "Garmin Compatibility" and export your tracks in trk format.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice simple trail tracker
Clear and simple interface for tracking walks, runs, rides, driving etc. Can alter the acceptable gps accuracy you require to save points and how far you require to move before logging another point. Auto stop if you don't move available to save your battery.
Only simple stats on saved trips, which is where I would like to see some improvement towards being able to "replay " a logged trip showing distance, speed, height, position.
Its free and ads not too intrusive.
Used for first time today works really well can’t imagine why anyone would rate it less than 5* it’s free for heavens sake and does what it says on the tin!
Have used the app regularly now for walking, biking and on my motorcycle and have recommend it unreservedly to my friends and family. I have upgraded to add free.
Doesn’t record anything or update elapsed time when in recording mode. Don’t waste your time on this app
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- murbit GmbH
- 14.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 murbit GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Ads Free Version £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.