Set your child or classroom up for reading success! GraphoGame helps kindergarten and primary school children learn to read and spell their first letters, syllables and words. Academically validated content and no ads!
• Engaging & systematic phonics game that complements any synthetic phonics programme
• Practice and build up knowledge of letters and sounds quickly with your child and keep practising to make it automatic!
• Developed in collaboration with the University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education
• Designed for school and home use
GraphoGame helps kids learn letters, rhymes and their sounds through a variety of engaging 3D levels – all with your child’s own unique player character that keeps them coming back for more! The player gradually moves on from graphemes and phonemes, through syllables and rhyme units, to eventually learn how to blend what they have learned into complete words. By playing just 15 minutes regularly, kids can improve their letter knowledge, phonological awareness, reading speed and overall confidence in literacy!
Initially developed in Finland as a support tool to help children struggling with reading to learn the basic decoding skills, the content of GraphoGame: Kids Learn to Read was developed in collaboration with the University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education. The effectiveness of GraphoGame was studied in an efficacy trial funded by the Education Endowment Foundation and Wellcome Trust. To learn more about the study, visit our website!
• Synthetic phonics training app utilising onset-rime analogy
• In-game literacy analytics for tracking student progress & difficulties
• Suitable for ages 3-9
• Two game interfaces: Stars Level Selector (for school) and Paper Map (for home)
• Engaging 3D graphics
• Avatar creation & customisation
• Works offline & online
• No advertisements
NEW! Power-up GraphoGame with a GraphoGame Online Account!
This is an online service for getting the most out of GraphoGame in a classroom setting!
• Play on any logged in device, anywhere!
• Never lose data – all progress is saved on our secure Google Cloud (no identifiable data is saved, GDPR compliant)
• New Groups feature – help manage your students by creating groups (i.e. Classroom 1B or Special Needs Group)
• Share student avatars with other accounts
• Upload old offline avatars to your new account without losing progress
Register for a trial 2-player account in-game and contact us for more info on classroom usage!
ADDITIONAL MATERIAL (see our website):
• GraphoGame Teacher Guide made with the University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education
• GraphoGame academic publications and intervention studies
“I would definitely recommend the game . . . It's what's been lacking - a stretching programme for English and it does motivate them” – Primary school teacher
“it's not reliant on adult support, it's easy to use as an intervention tool and you can monitor progress easily through it” – Primary school teacher
“If there is a tricky word. . . we can chop it up into pieces and answer it” – Primary school student
Game icon © Grapho Group Oy, Ville Mönkkönen & Mika Halttunen
Several bug fixes and online account registration process improved.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best phonics game
We’ve been using the original Finnish version of this game for our two bilingual kids (7 and 5) - and been waiting/hoping for the english version. Streets ahead of other phonics apps, well worth the money
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.