IMPORTANT: This game uses Metal and will only play properly on iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5s, and beyond.
Something's rotten in the land of the dead, and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there's trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.
One of the most acclaimed adventure games of all time is now back, better than ever. Grim Fandango's epic story of four years in the life (or death) of Manny Calavera, travel agent to the dead, has been remastered to look, sound, and control even better than when it won GameSpot's Game of the Year award upon its original launch. Grim Fandango still stands as a classic of the genre, with unforgettable characters and unique combination of film noir and Mexican folklore.
Remastered version includes
- Repainted, hi-res character textures
- New, dynamic lighting
- Classic score re-recorded with a full live orchestra
- Over 2 hours of exclusive developer commentary
- Concept art browser
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Game has glitched out on me twice at different points in the game. Once in year one and 2nd time in year 2 I think. Just blacks out completely and every time I try to play it, it loads up straight back to black screen. So am now on my 3rd install. I’ve started the game 3 times now and if it glitches out again I’m going to give up as I have to start from the beginning again each time. Shame as I really enjoyed the game but not worth the money due to total freeze outs. 😡
WORKAROUND: If you're having issues exiting Manny’s inventory try holding the select option for two or three seconds and release and it’ll select the item and exit. Same with the last item in some dialogue menus, select the item for two or three seconds.
Unfortunately I can’t get past detonating the cigarette case in year 2 as the app completely crashes once this happens. Every time. Very disappointing.
Update: *Tried to get a refund, got refused. Rip off as app has known faults not fixed from a year ago*
Can’t play, got to year three, screen went black but music is still playing, really don’t feel like repeating two parts of the game again, this issue affects others as per reviews, sort it out or give a refund for an unplayable game. Also it’s difficult to navigate on a touchscreen, you have yo keep pressing select or exit or press and hold hoping it’ll work after a few goes. Game itself is good but hard, terrible ios version.
Buy the pc version.
The developer, Double Fine Productions, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Double Fine Productions, Inc.
- 3.5 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Grim Fandango © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Double Fine Productions and the Double Fine logo are the exclusive trademarks of Double Fine Productions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.