A section based audio looper for iPad and iPhone.
Record, loop, overdub, add effects and much more! The perfect music creation tool for performers, songwriters and beat boxers.
Create songs with verse, bridge and chorus structures and switch between them in real time.
Full list of features:
• Record, loop and mix your voice or instruments.
• Groups - Create song sections (e.g. Verse, Bridge, Chorus).
• Universal support (iPad & iPhone).
• Import audio files
• Drag and drop
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio.
• Built in effects.
• Audio unit v3 effects.
• Drum machine.
• Master Group - A dedicated group for drums and percussion which plays throughout your song.
• MIDI control.
• Mix - Volume and pan on every loop and group.
• Input monitoring.
• Count in - Counts you in to record.
• CUE mode - Automatically play sections and record loops.
• Manual tempo recording - Set the tempo by punching in/out the first loop.
• Instant recording - Start/stops recording instantly, loop lengths are calculated automatically.
• Performance Recording - Record your performances in real time.
• Move - Move loops between groups.
• Merge - Combine multiple loops.
• Copy - Duplicate loops.
• Name labels - Label instruments and song sections.
• Tap tempo.
• External audio interface support - Use an audio interface to connect instruments, PA's and amplifiers.
• Pitch algorithm - Change the tempo by altering the pitch.
• Time stretch algorithm - Change the tempo without altering the pitch.
• Unique group tempo - Set a unique tempo for each section of a song.
• Landscape, portrait and split view orientation (iPad only).
• Sample accurate recording and playback - Keeps your loops in perfect sync.
• 32bit floating point audio engine.
• Allow Manual Tempo for Ableton Link - Set the tempo of other apps using manual tempo mode.
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best iOS looper for structured looping
I’ve tried them all and this is my favourite. It’s main advantage over other loopers is that it allows you to easily make different sections for your compositions. It may not be the prettiest out there but the layout and operation strike a good balance between simplicity for live performance whilst allowing the possibility to tweak the mix by quickly adjusting levels, panning etc and also adding some very useable effects.
I’m really enjoying GTL. The structured looping, the effects (including AUv3 hosting support), good stuff.
I recently purchased a Bluetooth keyboard / case and realised GTL supports key bindings - for pretty much any function. This is really handy, I wish more apps provided this.
Please keep up the great work.
At last ! A Proper "Song Section" Looper
This looper has made my day. Goes way beyond other iOS loopers and actually seems to be a kind of bridge between Ableton and loopers.
In Ableton parlance - think of it as having many "scenes" but with a "master scene" that can run continuously while switching between the other scenes. Each "Scene" can have up to 4 loops or "tracks" running simultaneously.
This app is awesome and the developer is very actively supporting feedback .
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.