Get growing whatever your skill level
• Tools to help you choose vegetables and fruit for your garden based on your level of expertise, and your available space and time
• Access to expert RHS advice about your chosen fruit, vegetables and herbs, with detailed growing, sowing and harvesting instructions. Plus varieties that we recommend
Easily keep on top of garden tasks
• Care calendar function with alerts to remind you what to do and when based on your chosen fruit/veg in ‘My Garden’
• Advice on tackling common problems you might encounter, with photos to help identify them, including pests and diseases
• Record notes for each of your plants
A wealth of inspiration for your garden
• Content covering over 100 popular fruit, veg and herbs from apples to aubergines, thyme to tomatoes
• Improved links to the RHS online shop, to buy quality RHS plants, seeds and equipment
Why have we created this app, and why is it free?
The RHS is the world’s largest gardening charity, committed to bring the joy of gardening to millions of people and inspiring the next generation of gardeners. We are entirely funded by our members, visitors and supporters.
Our vision is to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener, healthier, happier and more beautiful place. We believe everyone in every village, town and city should benefit from growing plants to enhance lives, build stronger communities and create better places to live.
Please note: The app is compatible with iPhone 5 handsets/ iOS10 and above but is optimised for iPhone X and iOS11.
Groups recommended plant varieties and removes duplicate plants and articles.
Ratings and Reviews
Notes go out of date order
Really useful app, for the novice vegetable / herb grower. Have grown more things this year and been recording my progress weekly in the notes. However, I have found that when I add notes, the notes sometimes get saved out of date order for some vegetables and yet remain in full date order for others. This happens even though I update and save my progress notes for each item, one after the other?
Great App for vegetables
Great app for vegetables. Would be great if they would allow you to only see tasks outstanding each month rather than all tasks and determining whether ticked or not. Also would be great if you could set a repeat function eg for repeat sowing on lettuce or peas for 2 week etc. But really good start and best one I have found. Be great if it is extended (or a separate app) to include flowers shrubs etc.
Perfect for my plot !
I wanted a planner for my allotment as I don’t tend to forget what needs doing to what and when ! This is only the first day but the promise is good and a very good range of vegetables and has the ability to repeat for next year. I admit that the gardening plant side is poor but there again it is called ‘Grow Your Own’ so that is where it is coming from. There are a host of other apps (including RHS) that helps with garden plants.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Royal Horticultural Society
- 130.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © The Royal Horticultural Society