Available only with a Guardian digital subscription.
Experience digital news differently. The UK Daily brings you the coverage you need for the day, giving you a considered alternative to your never-ending news feed.
Beautifully designed and easy to navigate on mobile and tablet, the UK Daily brings you the stories that matter every morning.
Download as part of a Guardian digital subscription to enjoy:
- A new way to read: the UK newspaper, reimagined for mobile and tablet
- Updated daily: each edition is available to read by 6am (GMT), 7 days a week
- Easy to navigate: read cover to cover, or swipe to the sections you care about
- Multiple devices: beautifully designed for your iPhone or iPad
- Read offline: schedule a download and read whenever it suits you
- Ad-free: enjoy The Guardian’s journalism uninterrupted, without adverts
- Enjoy our other editions: Australia Weekend and other special editions are all included in this app as part of your subscription
The Guardian Editions app can be enjoyed as part of a Guardian digital subscription. Find out more on the subscribe page of The Guardian website.
Terms and conditions:
This release includes the following improvements and fixes
Fix for Interview headline covering main image
Updated styling and copy for Special Edition Popup message
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A vast improvement on previous versions...
.... but still a little basic and lacking in features compared to its free sibling app.
My priorities for improvements would be 1) dark mode for reading at night, 2) a way of saving articles to come back to later (even if you have to switch to the main Guardian app to read them again) and 3) some kind of indicator to show how far through the article you've got - there's something a bit disorientating about having no idea whether you're halfway through a short article or at the beginning of a really long one!
Really don’t understand where The Guardian is going with this “Editions” thing. What’s wrong with a daily news app with the content of the print version, which is what I (and everyone else who’s been signed up for any more than a week) wanted? I know it sounds wrong to complain about getting something extra, but If the direction is towards a magazine with less daily news and analysis, which is what I’m suspecting, it’ll be the final nail in the Guardian’s coffin for me.
And another thing, every time I click on a link in the daily edition, I get asked if I’ll pay more. If the app is clever enough to know I’m a subscriber when I read it, why isn’t it clever enough to know I’m clicking through from an app that makes me a subscriber? Can’t you fix this?
A great way to read the paper
I have grown to love this app. It hasn’t always worked well, occasionally not at all, but recently it has become very reliable. I was forced to abandon my paper copy by covid, but I find the app, in conjunction with the other guardian app, allows me to read the paper much as I did before. I can also quickly dip into the linked articles, and search for background information very easily. I still miss my paper, but this will do nicely in the meantime
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2020, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Sixday £9.99
- Everyday £11.99
- Sunday (add on) £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.